As part of the Avatar Project, you’ll play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand-in-hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron’s production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
As a Gameplay Animator at Massive, you’ll help to craft stunning gameplay features. You’ll work closely with our talented team of Tech Artists, Tech Animators, Designers, and Programmers. This is a great opportunity if your interests peak beyond animation.
· Working in our game engine to develop and support Gameplay Animation Systems
· Working with both key-frame and motion capture animation to bring our characters to life
· Collaborating with Tech Art, Tech Animation, Design, and Code to build compelling gameplay animation systems
· Continue to innovate and push the animation boundaries
· Work alongside your Lead, Design, Code and peers to proactively solve complex problems, with the goal of delivering content on time
· When needed, opportunities to work with and direct Motion Capture shoots
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask for you to apply with your CV, portfolio, and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
You as a person
Your history of delivering high-quality, but at the same time creative animations where the boundaries of what animation means in a game is pushed, makes you a source for inspiration when collaborating with other disciplines. Your ability to see the bigger picture makes you a reliable team player and efficient communicator when finding the best solution to both long and short-term challenges.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
· Proven professional Gameplay Animation experience
· Relevant and updated demo-reel
· Experience working within Unreal and/or Unity, or similar engines
· Experience in bipedal, creature, and mechanical animation
· Experience with both key-frame and motion capture animation
· Experience with facial animation is a plus
· AAA and Gameplay Animation Systems experience is a plus
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here , to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.