Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission
As a Game Tools Programmer, you will design, implement, and ensure the proper functioning of the tools that develop the potential of the engine and help improve the efficiency of the production team.
· You work closely with other programmers, artists and designers, which gives you a deep understanding of the real needs behind their requests
· Your problem-solving skills and your ingenuity allow you to find the most appropriate solutions
· You collaborate with your fellow programmers and tool support specialists to resolve bugs that arise
· You compile and understand IT development needs and assess their feasibility
· You analyze existing functions in the engine and see how they could be enhanced
· You document the work so that others could understand how to use the new systems and functions
What you’ll bring as experience:
· A bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience
· Excellent proficiency in various programming languages, especially C# (WPF) and C++
What You'll Bring As a Colleague:
· Good analytical and synthesis skills and attention to details
· Ability to work as part of a team and good interpersonal and communication skills
· Autonomy and curiosity
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
· Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
· IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
· Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.