Blue Mammoth Games is a Ubisoft studio in Atlanta, Georgia. We developed and published Brawlhalla, now available on all platforms including mobile. At Blue Mammoth, you'll find the friendliness, energy, and opportunity of an independent game developer with the professionalism and stability of a long established studio. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Our studio develops online games with demanding networking requirements that serve huge player bases. Our games release on multiple platforms every few weeks. We are looking for a QA engineer to join our team as a full time employee in Atlanta, GA.
What you'll do:
· Evaluate and test new or modified games on PCs, consoles and mobile devices
· Advocate for the player experience
· Create and execute test plans based on platform certification requirements
· Investigate reported bugs and provide reproducible steps to the team
· Recreate complex gameplay scenarios involving multiple devices based on user reports or videos
· Work with programmers and artists to prioritize areas of change in your test plans
· Setup and maintain multiple test devices, including PCs, mobile phones and consoles
· Communicate found issues to team members, including identifying potential defect owners
· Effectively evaluate and communicate defect severity and potential impact
Qualifications and qualities we are looking for:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to discover and precisely communicate steps to reproduce issues
· Knowledge of games and game industry trends
· Ability to manage yourself and your tasks with little oversight
· Great attention to detail and strong work ethic
· Willingness to test basic functionality for the same product over multiple releases
· Associate or Bachelor's degree is preferred
· Experience testing one or more games in a professional environment is a plus
· Knowledge of platform certification requirements (TRCs, XRs, etc.) is a plus
· Familiarity with bug tracking systems is a plus
· Familiarity with common international writing systems (including Chinese, Korean, Russian) is a plus
· A cover letter describing a difficult bug you've found is a plus
· Being a gamer yourself is a big plus
Ubisoft and Blue Mammoth Games are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.