About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 600+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
As Game Designer (Mobile) you will be responsible for designing and balancing features, systems, mechanics, and game content. Your focus will be to develop innovative game features that improve customer acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization.
You will work closely with the creative director, designers, producers, engineers and artists during the production, launch and live operations of mobile social/casual/freemium games.
· Generating new ideas and proposals for mobile social games. Work closely with the Creative Director
· Developing innovative game features that improve customer acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization
· Balancing and adjusting game-play experiences to ensure critical and commercial success.
· Enhancing products through social mechanics and networking
· Prototyping and designing gameplay and features
· Designing user interfaces and tutorials
· Working with artists and programmers to facilitate development and iteration of features
· Respond to feedback, analytics, and test results in a constructive manner with logical and reasoned suggestions/solutions to improve on designs
· Create and maintain living documentation for all game aspects
· Research and remain current on industry trends including new game genres, design methods, game themes and mechanics
· Related experience as a game designer, preferably with casual or social games
· A passion for both playing and creating games, active interest in mobile gaming and social networking
· An understanding of simple, effective UI design for a casual user base; Experience with game documentation including the creation of visuals using tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, Excel, Wiki, etc…
· Experience with game scripting languages such as Lua, previous technical experience is a plus.
· Strong motivation to take on any tasks needed to complete a project
· Great communication skills, both written and verbal
What you will also get:
· An international working environment
· FUN Culture
· Lots of love from your colleagues!
Best way to apply:
· Due to visa issues, this position is only open to graduates with Chinese nationality currently .