Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 300 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, and the Streaming team.
Here is an opportunity to join a stimulating, international, ambitious but friendly studio and work on our new, unannounced PVP Game!
· Design and create combat systems and combat mechanics that follow the game’s creative direction with regard to the targeted experience for the player.
· Standardize, document and communicate the systems to the multidisciplinary combat team as well as to the rest of the production team.
· Participate actively in the production of prototypes in order to adjust and validate systems prior to production and assess the success of these prototypes by measuring how objectives are met.
· Model, tune and manage complex game systems and mechanics (rewards, features) to engage players and fulfill their needs
· Define the information needed by the player to make interesting choices and adapted to their situation in the game, interface or menus.
· Collaborate with animation, level design, art, audio and gameplay programming teams to ensure the optimal communication of this information.
· You have experience as a Game Designer and especially in Combat Design Systems
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent understanding of gameplay fundamentals
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team
· Passionate about game mechanics, accessibility, UI effectiveness, iterative design, playtest.
· Phone Interview
· Interview with our internal teams
· Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.