Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of video games worldwide with a network of over 44 locations. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Assassin's Creed VR”, "Splinter Cell VR" and many more.
At Ubisoft, we are currently looking for a passionate VR game designer specialising in combat design. As part of an international AAA team you will be part of crafting a breath-taking game for the iconic and legendary Assassin's Creed IP, shaping the future of VR.
You will create the ultimate immersive experience for players by designing adrenaline-inducing VR melee combat. You’ll focus on systems – creating rich and accessible mechanics, whilst ensuring that they are balanced and fun for the player.
You will work on the Oculus platform, on a large-scale multi-studio project across the globe, and with the budget of AAA production behind you.
· Design and prototype proven and innovative game systems for VR Combat
· Work in engine to implement content and maintain balance across various systems
· Ensure the implementation of desired features into actual gameplay
· Create and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines
· Analyse playtest results and create actionable plans for improvements
· Provide feedback and guidelines for partner teams; VFX and Animation
· Collaborate and communicate in a large co-dev project with diverse disciplines (Programmers, Designers, UI/UX, User Research, QA, etc.)
· Prioritise and meet deadlines, document and communicate progress, participate in meetings
· Implement, balance and bug fix gameplay features, overseeing them from concept to final implementation
· Previous experience in VR design
· Previous experience designing Combat and/or AI systems
· Strong knowledge of Unity
· Understanding of Combat game design principles
· Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively on a large co-dev project with team members of different disciplines
· Demonstrated ability to effectively document and communicate ideas and concepts;
· Task driven with good prioritisation, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- This position is located in Germany and requires relocation .
- No German language skills necessary; only proficiency in English
Looking to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace with a great work life balance? In our open, international and friendly environment you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Our state of the art studio will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences that will stay with the players.
We want to help you stay an expert in your field and have guest speakers from the industry, workshops, online learning platforms and paid self-study time. With team events, various clubs, gaming groups, free German classes, you will find friends from all over the studio to bond with.
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very multi-national city close to the border of Germany famous for its Japanese culture. A Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine, and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine are a part of it's charm. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture.
Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK & Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. Nature parks offer a sanctuary for those needing a break from city life. More suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
The application via our career portal must include your resume, and a cover letter (both in English) detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
· Relocation Assistance provided
· Flexible work hours
· Monthly travel budget
· 26 days holiday, 11 days public holidays, 5 Care for your Sick Child days (all paid)
· Health Insurance (50% contribution paid by Ubisoft) and paid sick days
· Pension Scheme
· Gym subsidy
· Childcare budget
· Discounted games & more
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772