About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com .
Anno is a critically acclaimed and award-winning franchise, offering a rich city-building experience and providing players ample opportunity to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare.
As a Game Designer on our team, you'll be the creative energy behind our comprehensible, consistent and elegant systems for our game. You translate the project's vision into actual gameplay and enable our players to make meaningful and unique experiences within our game world.
From concept phase to the final gameplay, you take part in creating, iterating and fine-tuning designs that are engaging, innovative and fun. You work on both, the tiny details that make for high quality design and the bigger picture where all pieces fall into place to create an overall outstanding player experience.
What you will do:
· Create intuitive, consistent, and elegant game systems and drive their development towards the vision laid out by the Game Director and Lead Game Designer while making sure to meet production directives
· Organize and oversee feature creation processes and propose improvements where necessary
· Adjust game systems to achieve a well-balanced gameplay experience
· Standardize and communicate the game-systems to the dev team while maintaining clean design documentation
· Ensure effective and clear communication with the dev team through strong visualization of game systems in the form of charts and graphics
What you bring:
· Minimum 2 years of experience within the game design or other relevant experience; ideally having worked on at least one AAA title
· Good knowledge of systems, balancing, and gameplay fundamentals
· Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
· Good understanding of content creation processes
· Good knowledge of game production pipelines and familiarity with scheduling, task, and issue tracking tools (such as Perforce, Jira, etc.)
· Ability to learn and master new tools and techniques
· Able to apply critical and analytical thinking to solve complex challenges
· Strong verbal and written English skills
· Team player with a passion for game mechanics, a positive attitude, and a superior motivation to create high-quality content
* Basic knowledge of scripting/coding is a plus
* German skills are a plus
What to send our way:
· Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
· A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
· Please feel free to send us samples of your work (attach files or send us a link to your demo reel or online portfolio)
· Relocation Support : We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
· 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
· Flexible Working Hours : We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
· Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
· Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
· Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
· Discounted Games . We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
· Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
· Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
· Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
· English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
· Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water . Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/