Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
The Game Designer is responsible for developing game systems, controls and interfaces (as well as the other interactive elements) in order to bring the vision of the Creative Director into the desired player experience.
The main and usual functions of this position are to:
· Create game systems that answer the needs of the Creative Director with regard to the targeted experience for the player, while observing the production directives of the game.
· Standardize, document and communicate the game systems to the team. Regularly update documentation to offer a useful work reference for the whole team.
· Participate actively to the production of prototypes in order to adjust and validate systems prior to starting production. Assess the success of prototypes by measuring how objectives are met, using relevant quantitative and qualitative measurement techniques.
· By following the direction set by the Game Design Director, work on any and all aspects of Game Design by using the proper methods to provide accurate and meaningful designs.
· Participate to the development of tools required to implement and adjust game systems by collaborating with programming to determine the Game Design needs of such systems.
· Carry out all other related tasks.
Attestation of collegial studies (AEC) in video game design and production or any other equivalent educational background.
Experience of 3 to 8 years with design methods in video game production or any field where design is needed, especially Live, Gaas or Online titles.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Client focus;
· Ability to manage diversity;
· Listening skills;
· Solid communication skills (written and spoken).
Working at UbiSag means:
· An exciting adventure!
· Amazing colleagues and ambitious projects!
· An environment that provides a terrific quality of life!
· A human-sized studio: You'll have a direct impact on our projects.
We also offer:
· A unique space that fosters creativity
· A rooftop terrace overlooking the Saguenay River
· A balance between urban life and nature
· Unlimited fruit
· Cheese every Tuesday
· Many opportunities for celebration
· Gaming areas
· Free parking near the studio
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.