THE WORLD OF UBISOFT
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 55 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile brings together dedicated, experienced professionals focused on crafting high-quality F2P games for mobile. We strongly believe in the core values at the centre of our Ubilife, which encourage us to take ownership of our work, continually striving for excellence while promoting the sharing of knowledge across individuals and teams, without losing our sense of enjoyment and fun, or our respect and care for one another.
Do you want to join us in the world of mobile gaming? If so, read on!
We’re currently seeking a Game Designer to help our team on their next adventure. You will join an international and successful team and will report to the Lead Game Designer.
Your daily adventure:
· Conceptualize new mobile games, modeling a complex game economy as well as difficulty and scoring.
· Create all core game design aspects including world design (backstory, setting, and theme for the game), system design (creation of game rules and underlying mathematical patterns) and content design (creation of characters, items, cards, and missions).
· Manage pricing of virtual goods, economy and balance of incentivized and purchased items in the game economy.
· Produce clear feature documentation, diagrams, wireframes and/or prototypes.
· Analyze content of our current games to improve game design and monetization concepts.
· Design UX flow and player experience for game systems.
· Understand consumer and market needs and ensure that the elements developed will contribute to player satisfaction and market requirements
· Work closely with the producer, developers and artists to oversee the implementation of new features and systems, both for end users and for streamlining the production process and content creation.
· Create a fun, engaging and outstanding player experience.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
· Previous proven experience as Senior or Game Designer on F2P, with at least 1 full release cycle on Mobile/F2P including liveops.
· Extensive knowledge of F2P mobile gaming industry, staying up to date on trends, key competitors and best practices.
· Proficient in all aspects of game design such as UX, level design, system design, economic design, pacing & monetization strategies for F2P games.
· Able to prototype concepts, mechanics via standard tools or game engine (Flash, 3DSMax, Unity etc…)
· Familiar with motivation psychological models.
· Skillful at complex Excel spreadsheets.
· Ability to take direction and feedback.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Be a team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind and good communication skills are a must.
· Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
· English business proficiency.
· Have a work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must.
· Videogames design degree or equivalent.
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
· 25 vacation days per year + day off in your Ubi-Birthday.
· Flexible Working Hours & Working from Home policy.
· Reduced schedule on August, Easter, Christmas and special dates such Sant Jordi and Sant Joan.
· Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant.
· Mobile device grant based on seniority.
· Cigna private Health insurance.
· Physiotherapist special rates in the office.
· Professional development programs and tickets to international events.
· English, Spanish and French free lessons in the studio.
· Great discounts in our games.
· Gym special rates and discounts in other services.
· Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages.
· Company parties and events.
· Friday’s beers.
· Relocation Package (when needed).