Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission:
· Collaborate with the different leads and with the game team to develop strong gameplay mechanics, following the game’s creative vision;
· Prototype and iterate on core game mechanics to make the product’s vision come true;
· Participates to the creation of the gameplay and the game system;
· Seeks an innovative idea inside of a framework (license or editorial line) in order to differentiate the gameplay from the one of the competitors;
· Defines all the ingredients of the game (characters /enemies, interactive objects, menus) and the different types of interactions possible between these elements (game system);
· Implement game content using in house engine tools, and basic scripting.
What you bring as experience:
· Extensive knowledge of game mechanics;
· Ability come up with suitable game mechanics that fall in line with the game’s vision;
· Iterate designs to create a great gameplay experience;
· Ability to both conceptualize, analyze and implement game ideas using various tools and technology;
· Knowledge of image editing (mocking up) tools is a plus;
· Excellent knowledge of game edition’s tools is a plus;
What you bring as a colleague :
· Excellent video game culture and knowledge of games;
· High level of creativityl
· Proactively find problems with the gameplay and come up with solutions.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
· Production : creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
· IT : delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
· Quality Control : guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.