The DNA team develops and manages a variety of data services and tools for storing and analyzing game telemetry. Known as a company-wide reference and trusted source, our products provide:
· real-time visibility on how Ubisoft titles are played; and
· an understanding of the habits and preferences of the people playing them.
Committed to knowledge sharing, we collect, process, and curate in-game data. Then transform it into clear and informative visualizations. The result? Meaningful metrics for production teams to make informed decisions and create even better gaming experiences .
As a Full Stack Web Developer within DNA, you’ll help build a client portal for our machine learning platform. This portal will make it possible for internal clients – team members across Ubi – to harness the power of machine learning for their specific use cases, like making relevant and reliable content recommendations, for example.
With a focus on usability for our internal clients, you’ll lend your talents to design and develop the portal while collaborating with your fellow DNA colleagues to evolve the machine learning platform itself.
As you’ll be contributing to our most extensively consulted application, your work will impact decision-makers throughout the company and, by extension, Ubisoft players worldwide.
What you’ll do
Within a Scrum/Agile environment:
· Develop and maintain mainly front-end as well as back-end applications to meet the needs of internal clients.
· Compile, understand, and evaluate product requirements + participate in developing new features.
· Work closely with UX to ensure GUI consistency.
· Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems are aligned with project intentions and remain coherent with current code + optimize when need be.
· Find and correct bugs.
· Identify opportunities to improve our machine learning platform.
What you bring
· Full stack development experience (or other relevant experience)
· A thorough grasp of back-end components (API/REST/caching) and front-end development (http, cookies, headers)
· Knowledge of:
· Solid communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
· A collaborative and innovative spirit
Nice to have, but not essential:
· Knowledge of Python and Java
· An understanding of NestJS
· Experience with big data technology, such as S3 or Hive
· Experience with modern infrastructure and cloud big data technology, like AWS, EMR, Docker, and Kubernetes
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
· Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.