With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative, and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and they have just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.
You will be an important actor that is part of the big Technology Group (TG) family. The TG is a group of developers that collaborate by offering tools, middleware’s and online solutions to the different game productions created by Ubisoft all around the world.
As a developer, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that uses agile methods. You will participate in the conception and in the development of web user interfaces for different web services. These services aim to help the teams developing the games to optimize their productivity by facilitating the management and operationalization of the machine infrastructure which is made available to them at Ubisoft (game consoles, PCs, Cloud machines, Kubernetes).
The programmer will have the chance to develop an extraordinary expertise thanks to the variety of the technologies being used and the space that will be given to innovate.
· Ensure the development of a specialized tool in collaboration with the members of a multidisciplinary team using an agile development methodology.
· Develop the functionalities related mainly to the “Frontend UI” of the tool.
· Meet the needs of the production teams by ensuring that the tools and systems developed are stable and functional.
· Analyze and fix the “bugs” identified by the quality control team.
· Document its work to transfer knowledge and enable users (production) to understand how to use systems and functionalities.
· Perform any other related tasks.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Experience in web development.
· Knowledge of VueJS Framework.
· Knowledge of Django Framework.
· Knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts.
· General knowledge of databases including Microsoft SQL Server.
· Knowledge of Docker technologies and Kubernetes.
· Knowledge of Helm, Elasticsearch, Prometheus technologies.
· Knowledge of Git (an asset).
· Knowledge of Openstack Cloud platform (an asset).
· Interest in technology.
· Passionate about software development in a modern and relaxed setting.
· Passion, resourcefulness, and creativity.
· Flexibility and adaptability to change.
· Sense of initiative.
· Sense of detail.
· Ability to work in a team.
What to send our way:
· Your CV highlighting your education, your experiences, and your skills.
· Cover letter.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey!