Assistant Art Director Visual Design - Brand Assassin's Creed
Québec, CANADA IT development
Founded in 2005 and with a team of over 600 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec is now one of the leaders in the industry. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, our studio assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey as well as Immortals Fenyx Rising, and is now developing Assassin's Creed Codename RED.
The Assistant Art Director Visual Design is responsible for assisting the Art Director Visual Design. As the expert, they're responsible for ensuring the quality and content of the graphic and audiovisual productions. They must ensure the overall alignment of the game's vision and that it's conveyed in the game. The Assistant Art Director Visual Design works with the graphic team and the AD Design to ensure consistency of the vision within the game's visual identity.
What you'll do
· Participate in implementing graphic or audiovisual concepts based on the client's brief in a synopsis, mood board or sketch;
· Share the artistic style of the graphic or audiovisual mandate inspired from the game's artistic direction (reference movies, competing games and design documents);
· Understand the artistic vision and communicate it through the visual identity;
· Produce lit and original concepts with various project teams that support the game's positioning;
· Regularly communicate expectations to the production team assigned to the mandate and ensure the quality and content of the ambiances, sets, characters, narration, etc. using visual references and documents that describe the artistic direction;
· Coordinate the team's finished work so the elements produced are in line with the initial brief and the game's vision, and ensure that the quality is respected;
· Work closely with the project director and artists;
· Help the Art Director deploy GAP (Game Artistic Personality) documents, brief, style guide;
· Participate in the conceptualization, design and supervision of the UI's visual signature (menus, navigation, HUD), the game's object interface environment, ad environment, game feedback and visual effects that communicate playability to the player;
· Help design and supervise the game's 2D visual signature and ensure that the vision is maintained throughout all stages of development;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
· Recognized diploma in graphic design, communication, multimedia or other relevant training in a related field;
· Minimum 5 years' creative experience (advertising agency, interactive marketing or creative studio);
· Present an outstanding portfolio;
· Communicate clearly and sell artistic direction;
· Develop creative, innovative ideas for all types of graphic and audiovisual products;
· Excellent artistic judgement;
· Give accurate and constructive feedback to artists;
· Review work done by others and suggest improvements;
· Work in a team with a variety of designers;
· Maintain good interpersonal relationships;
· Have a keen sense of customer service;
· Manage several projects at the same time;
· Bilingual French/English, spoken and written;
· Excellent artistic and graphic culture;
· Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite;
· Knowledge of the video game world (asset).
What to send our way
· Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped.
Working at Ubisoft means
· A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services , an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
· Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
· Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.