Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
Ubisoft Annecy is currently looking for an AI C++ Programmer to join a team working on a new AAA game.
As a Senior AI Programmer, you will be working cross-functionally with all disciplines in order to create the NPCs within the game. You will also work variously in tandem with Design, as well as creating complex technical systems that serve as the backbone for the over-arching AI system for the game.
· Develop systems to control the simulation and behavior of non-player entities, and provide tools to allow designers to iterate on those behaviors in a data driven manner
· Work as a key part of an agile development team, and assist the lead with planning and review of features and mentoring less experienced programmers
· Implement innovative solutions to feature requests, considering performance, maintability and appropriate resource usage
· Significant knowledge and experience with existing and cutting-edge AI technologies (e.g. pathfinding, behavior trees, planning, character controllers, machine learning)
· Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with excellent knowledge of object-oriented development including design patterns and UML
· Extensive experience working with a large game codebase, and its modules, middleware and associated pipeline
· Significant knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and their application
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent experience
· 2 years software development experience with significant involvement in multiple published games in a relevant programming capacity is a major plus
· Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is a plus
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
· Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
· Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
· Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
· Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international developmen