Ubisoft Montreal is looking for you, 3D Programmers!
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
On being an 3D Programmer at Ubi Montreal
When you’re a 3D Programmer at Ubi Montreal, you connect with our players on two of the most basic aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance. Your exceptional maths skills, your sharp eye for visual detail and your knowledge of GPUs allow you to write a game’s most fundamental code and deliver a stunning visual experience.
As a dependable member of a larger production team, you collaborate with colleagues from a range of disciplines who depend on you for quickly getting something that is clear and good looking up on screen. You work well with technical artists, transforming their requirements into efficient, working code.
Essentially, what you care about is image quality; you’re probably a photography or cinematography buff. You have a good understanding of the physics of lighting and a working knowledge of physically based shading. You use these passions, skills and knowledge to create striking work, and are eager for your colleagues’ feedback.
The daily life of a 3D Programmer at Ubi Montreal
· Program code customized to the hardware you are working with
· Explore new hardware and deal with the interesting new challenges it poses
· Meet up with artists to assess their needs and vision
· Review code to improve its performance, in search of that vital extra millisecond
· Read the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field
· You might attend a 3D tech talk by one of your colleagues on another project or brand – or give one yourself
What it takes to make it
· An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
· A minimum of 7 years' experience in general programming, ideally in the video-game industry, of which at least 5 years in 3D development (having shipped a video game is an asset)
· A proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals
· Experience with HLSL, DirectX
· Proficiency in C++ (understanding of C# is an asset)
· Experience developing on video-game consoles and in performance optimization for consoles
· You are a Philomath (a.k.a. a lover of maths – algebra, geometry, calculus, the whole set)
· You are creative and thirsty for innovation
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alison. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.