Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at all Ubisoft studios to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs.
Who you are
As a 3D Programmer specializing in mobile, you’ll bring the stunning visuals of our games to mobile. Working on unannounced titles, you’ll look at 3D programming through a new lens, optimizing and adapting it for new platforms. You’re passionate about new tools and tech, and will analyze and rethink them to bring the most beautiful and memorable game worlds in the industry to the mobile experience. You believe in our studio’s core values and want to be part of a collaborative team.
What you’ll do
· Help develop rendering pipeline for new mobile platforms
· Analyze problems with the pipeline and proposing solutions to optimize performance
· Collaborate with engine programmers, architects and global pipeline team
· Debug and fix issues with the rendering pipeline
What you bring
At Ubisoft Winnipeg, we look for more than work experience, education or training alone. You have programming experience, but more importantly, a deep passion to build and create.
We want to hear from people who:
· Have developed on Android and/or iOS
· Can profile and debug GPUs like a pro
· Are experienced in C++ and HLSL programming
· Have worked on multi-platform codebase
· Have experience working on Vulkan and/or Metal graphics APIs
Any of the following would be useful:
· Experience in multithreaded programming
· Familiarity with SPIR-V format and SPIR-V cross tooling
· Experience with low level platform abstraction in a game engine
What to send our way
· Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful
A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina . While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8YjGWL4djo
At Ubisoft Winnipeg, we believe it is not work experience, education or training alone that qualify you to work on our team. A deep passion to build and create, a personal arsenal of innovative solutions to problems developed from an inner calling – we place considerable worth in your personal accomplishments because we recognize that the value they bring to our creative, innovative culture is immeasurable.
We believe our diversity is our strength. We recognize and celebrate a variety of perspectives, opinions, opportunities, and voices. We embrace our differences and draw from them to build our collaborative family culture. We believe we are stronger together.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.