Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
On being a 3D Programmer at Ubisoft Saguenay
You connect with our players on two of the most basic aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance. Your exceptional math skills, your sharp eye for visual detail and your knowledge of GPUs allow you to write a game’s most fundamental code and deliver a stunning visual experience.
As a dependable member of a larger production team, you collaborate with colleagues from a range of disciplines who depend on you for quickly getting something that is clear and good looking up on screen. You work well with technical artists, transforming their requirements into efficient, working code.
Essentially, what you care about is image quality; you’re probably a photography or cinematography buff. You have a good understanding of the physics of lighting and a working knowledge of physically based shading. You use these passions, skills and knowledge to create striking work, and are eager for your colleagues’ feedback.
The daily life of a 3D Programmer at Ubisoft Saguenay
· Program code customized to the hardware you are working with.
· Explore new hardware and deal with the interesting new challenges it poses.
· Meet up with artists to assess their needs and vision.
· Review code to improve its performance, in search of that vital extra millisecond.
· Read the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field.
· Attend a 3D tech talk by one of your colleagues on another project or brand – or give one yourself.
What it takes to make it
· An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
· Around 3 years of experience in general programming, ideally in the video game industry, of which at least 2 years in graphic programming (having shipped a video game is an asset)
· Proficiency in communicating with all disciplines and supporting and elevating the team in terms of visuals and performance
· Experience with HLSL, DirectX
· Proficiency in C++ (understanding of C# is an asset)
· Experience developing on video game consoles and in performance optimization for consoles
· You are a Philomath (a.k.a. a lover of maths – algebra, geometry, calculus, the whole set)
· You are creative and thirsty for innovation
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.