Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
We are creating a brand-new team to work on Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell [VR] for the Oculus platform . You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s great IP’s, developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!
The Environment / Prop Artist will be responsible for creating high quality 3D environment assets for production to bring life and detail to the worlds we are building together.
· Creation of high quality 3D environment assets
· Integration of 3D assets into the game engine
· Close collaboration with the Art Director and Lead Artist to work within the visual style of the game
· Create high quality models and textures
· Ensure performance and technical quality of 3D environment assets
· Setup destruction, dynamic objects and other functionality of art assets
· Optimization of assets to fit specific technical requirements
· Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Environment / Props artist in game development
· Great understanding of next gen asset creation workflows
· A keen eye for composition, shape, color and detail
· Very good skills in Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush and Photoshop
· Strong texturing and painting skills
· Being able to closely adapt a specific art style
· Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
· Great communication skills and a positive attitude
· Fluent in English, both verbally and written
· Knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter is a plus
· Good Animation and/or riggings skills are a plus (Maya, 3DS Max, MotionBuilder)
· Experience with outsourcing is a plus
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
· Examples of natural and realistic environments and props
· Examples of materials and high quality textures
· Show both organic and hard surface works
· Examples of style variety
· Relocation Support : We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
· 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays.
· Flexible Working Hours : We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
· Development Support: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, paid self-study hours and library.
· Free German Classes ; The business language in the studio is English. No German is required to work with us, this class is an optional benefit.
· Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
· Company Pension Scheme.
· 50% Health Insurance Contribution
· Paid Sick Leave
· Gym Subsidy
· Monthly Travel Budget
· Discounted Ubisoft Games
· & more
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very international city close to the border of Germany famous for it's Japanese culture. With a Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine each year. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture. Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK and Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. A large Deer park offers a natural sanctuary for those needing a break from the city life. More rural and suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and VR and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772