Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
The 3D Environmental Artist will collaborate with the Art Director and Lead Artist to help create jaw-dropping scenes and prop assets that maintain a coherent vision of the game’s look and feel.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in many areas of game production such as modeling and texturing, as well as displaying an excellent working knowledge of the industry’s popular asset creation tools.
· 3D modeling and texturing assets including but not limited to creation of terrain, environments and props
· Able to work closely with the studios art director and lead artist to maintain a coherent vision of the games look and feel
· Passion for the creation of visually stunning 3D environments and props whether Realistic or stylized
· Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
· Maintain a high level of quality while working within design constraints and balancing performance issues.
· Participate in the constant improvement of asset production methods and techniques.
· Help to establish benchmark and prototype level
· Maintain strong and reliable communication
· Must be a team player who enjoys working closely with others
· Must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience creating 3D game environments and props.
· Excellent knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent package
· Experience in Substance Painter/Designer
· Experience with creating full environments for engine
· Experience with PBR workflow
· Experience with creating strong stylized textures that are grounded in reality
· Good understanding of how to unwrap UVs in a clean and optimized manner
· A great eye for composition and detail
· Zbrush experience advantageous
· Low to high poly baking experience advantageous
· Mobile game development experience advantageous
· Must have a sense of humour
What can we offer you!
· Competitive salary scale
· Additional paid time off over the Christmas holiday break
· Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision care.
· A hybrid working model
· Flexible work hours to provide a healthy work/life balance
· Summer months bring ‘Summer Fridays’
· And an international and diverse team
Ubisoft Halifax is the newest Ubisoft Studio to take on the growing Mobile Game Market. As Ubisoft's first exclusively Mobile studio, our focus is on originality and functionality. Creating new projects and developing Flagship Ubisoft IP’s. Our position on the tip of the East Coast is strategic in terms of studio efficiency (closest to European and American Time zones), and creativity (biggest game hub east of Montreal).
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax, Kjipuktuk in the Mi'kmaw native language).The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many restaurants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic, with communication happening constantly between teams with an emphasis on team building and collaboration!
Halifax is to Canada, what Boston is to the States, a founding City full of forts, historic buildings, and award-winning modern architecture. Being a city with three Universities, Halifax boasts tons of nightlife, world class restaurants, and for the outdoors types: unparalleled yet affordable outdoor adventures.
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please apply through the Ubisoft website https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/careers/search.aspx
· Cover letter including salary expectations (in pdf format).
· Current CV/ Resume (in pdf format).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of inquires, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.