Ubisoft’s 19 000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming
Experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Ubisoft Milan is looking for experienced 3D Artist to be involved in the creation of characters and environments for a triple-A project.
The Artist will be in charge of producing, optimizing and revising 3D assets for runtime/real-time purposes. The candidate will work closely with Concept Artists, Game Designers, Gameplay Programmers and Animators to integrate the work into the game and verify that all the elements interact properly.
· proficiency in Autodesk® 3ds Max® and/or Maya®, Pixologic® ZBrush®and Adobe® Photoshop®;
· ability to digitally sculpt/model and texture both high and low polygon models;
· good knowledge of ambient, normal and cavity map generation;
· good knowledge of UV layout, texturing & shading;
· ability to construct and elaborate on characters based on key reference or concepts;
· experience with managing polygon count and texture budgets;
· passion and enthusiasm for videogames;
· knowledge of English.
As a plus:
· ability to use Substance Painter and Substancer Designer;
· ability to manage SFX and lighting;
· ability to create concept art.
Initial fixed-term contract.
The position is based in Milan (Italy) and requires working onsite.
Candidates for this position are required to provide some sort of portfolio (web version preferred). Applications without a portfolio will be automatically discarded.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.