Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the
world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and
memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many
acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance,
Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Your main missions will be:
· Apply animation principles to create high-quality animations
· Work closely with the Artistic Director, Game Designers and Programmers to understand the goal of quality to achieve and intentions of gameplay.
· Participate in the realization of the planning necessary to accomplish your responsibilities in collaboration with your manager and be able to measure your production time in order to respect the scheduled deadlines
· Be transparent with the team based on potential problems related to the events you are guarantor
· Be able to quickly perform basic prototypes that will be used for discussions related to animations and gameplay
· Collaborate and give visibility to the leads & directors
· Perform other related duties
You’ve already worked and / or shipped at least two AA or AAA game as a 3D gameplay animator. We are also open to applicants with a background from the movie industry. You recognize yourself in the following requirement list:
· Excellent knowledge of Mocap (Motion Builder) and Keyframe
· English spoken and written
· Significant artistic sense & abilities in a specific achievement
· Capacity to adapt yourself and be open minded
· Collaborate with all the Animation teams and other trades
· Very good understanding of movements in space
· In-depth knowledge of graphic tools
· Quadruped animation is a plus
· Technical experience is a plus (scripting, Python…)
Please send us a CV, a letter and a demo demonstrating your animation skills, your artistic eye and your ability to convey the emotion of the characters.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
· Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
· Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
· Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
· Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development