When you’re a 3D Animator at Ubisoft Sherbrooke, you are responsible for a game’s polished, harmonious animation, which allows players to fully immerse themselves in a world that is stylistically believable and consistent.
Whether you’re animating for a hero or a monster, for a crowd or an object, you are always thinking of the movement’s intention and the subject’s behaviour, and of how this one tiny part fits into the larger picture of the game. All your efforts gain their meaning when you take a step back, see the finished product and feel the months of mechanics and decision-making dissolve to reveal a piece of art that brings a new, beautiful world to life.
You understand that teamwork is essential to reach that point. As an individual, you see a hidden story in the way a person moves; you tend to deconstruct the world around you into smaller parts that you then build back up. As a teammate, you pride yourself on your attention to detail, your organizational and communication skills, and your adaptability to change. You collaborate with artists, designers, programmers, leads and other animators, all of whom have opinions, ideas and constraints, but all of whom are committed to the unified goal of authentically portraying the universe with a certain flair.
What you'll do
· Sync the engine and the build to ensure you’re working with the latest code and animations.
· Check in with your lead and your team to update and be updated the current situation.
· Prototype, key frame , or block an animation.
· Work on your animations, of course, from scratch or from mo-cap .
· Test your animations (over and over) and validate your designs.
· Problem-solve your animations.
· Polish your animations.
· Read the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field.
What you bring
· A college diploma in 3D for videogames or equivalent
· 1 to 3 years of experience in videogame animation or equivalent
· Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals
· Experience with animation software such as Motion Builder, 3ds Max or Maya
· You love pushing the envelope, but you also understand the demands cohesive teamwork
What to send our way
· Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
· Samples of your work (join images or a link to your online portfolio)
About Ubisoft Sherbrooke
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is a multidisciplinary team of passionate people. Joining us means being part of a close-knit and welcoming family. It also means working in a human-sized studio where flexibility and interaction are the order of the day. We care about our people and our way of doing things.
Between the magnificent nature that surrounds the studio and the trendy and invigorating life of the Estrie region, there's no need to compromise: family life, the outdoors, restaurants, outings with friends... joining Ubisoft Sherbrooke also means discovering an urban-casual lifestyle!
We're looking for committed creators and forward-looking talents who want to take on challenges as a team. By the way, we are working on some amazing projects: have you ever heard of the legendary and acclaimed franchise Assassin’s Creed?
Interested? We're waiting for you!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.