Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
You will work closely with Games Designers to participate in the development of player-centric gameplay systems. This may involve work related to the game controls, character movement, weapons and combat, cameras or the animation engine.
· Define and develop prototypes in collaboration with the Design team
· Participate in the architecture, design and implementation of the gameplay code following the Game Design intentions
· Work within the constraints of the existing game engine to meet performance and quality benchmarks
· Look for innovative tools and techniques allowing to achieve the best gameplay quality possible
· Interface with all disciplines (game designers, animators, programmers,...) to ensure that the constraints are well integrated in the game development
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
· Good command of C++ programming, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
· Control of 3D mathematics and their use in gameplay systems
· Experience with real time animation techniques
· Attention to detail and an eye for quality
· An interest in game design, and a strong understanding of what makes responsive and intuitive game mechanics
· Ability to work autonomously and self-organize
· Good communication skills and ability & desire to work as a team player
· Experience working on first or third person games ideal but not required
WHAT YOU'LL GET
· Flexible work arrangements
· Choice of paid parking or public transport expenses
· Paid parental leave
· Quarterly Rostered Days Off (in addition to Annual Leave)
· Paid time off to volunteer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.