Ubisoft teams are driven by their desire to enrich players' lives through original, memorable entertainment experiences. These teams bring to life whole new worlds – veritable playing fields in which players can freely express their imagination, leading to moments of surprise, fun and adventure, as well as fostering learning and discovery.
For more than 7 years, via its Ubisoft Mobile entity, Ubisoft has also shaped worlds on smartphones and tablets via its portfolio of mobile games.
Green Panda Games is a vibrant and fast-growing mobile gaming start-up, part of the Ubisoft group. We are a leading mobile games publisher with more than 100 million users on iOS and Android playing our games in more than 150 countries!
We primarily create and publish idle games, but also games from diverse categories, ranging from hyper-casual to casual, constantly deepening our games’ mechanics and our portfolio. We are looking to further grow our internal creation and publishing businesses at a rapid pace.
We are motivated, ambitious and passionate individuals in high-performing teams, who share the aim to become the best mobile gaming publisher in the industry. We need your help to achieve this!
As a 2D UI Artist, you are responsible for the design, implementation, and optimization of UI assets for a game and application. This person works under the supervision of the art director, producer, and game designers to create interfaces that are graphically interesting, but also intuitive and player friendly.
Your mission :
· Work with designers to determine the functionality and features of the UI and translate high-level gameplay ideas into visually functional UI designs;
· Design mockups matching the existing UI styles;
· Coordination with developers for the UI assets integration and the technical aspects of the implementation;
· Keep control of assets production, respecting technical constraints and optimizing guidelines;
· Communicate ideas & new concepts with the prototyping team and top management;
· Work with the Lead Artist and the game designers to develop, explore and style the games’ user interface and develop new creations;
· Collaborate closely with the UI/UX Artist to iterate and consider the gameplay implications of the design and the overall player experience.
· First 2D UI experience in a mobile game company, or a promising portfolio;
· Strong technical skills in 2D software. Sketch / Figma, Adobe suite. Animation skill is a plus;
· Good communication skills, synthetic and problem-solving skills;
· Superior eye for composition, color theory, artistic sensitivity;
· Hyper creative, autonomous, pro-active and curious;
· Fluent English level.
General information :
· Based in Paris
· Remote work possible during the pandemic
· Full-time / CDI contract
Why join us? Because Green Panda is one of the most successful and promising publishers in the hyper-casual and casual gaming industry! But also because:
· We are a super-fast growing company in a competitive and ever-changing industry!
· We are an international company made up of people from various backgrounds and nationalities!
· We are part of the big Ubisoft family, offering tremendous career opportunities!
· We have monthly game nights, company events, sports games,…
· Free coffee, fresh fruits, and snacks, private health care, meal vouchers,…
· Relocation package and assistance for anyone outside of France.
· Sponsored French classes for international employees.
· And above all, we are passionate about what we are building altogether!
W e are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.