Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world.
Located in Da Nang, Vietnam, a hotbed for tech and culture also known as one of the best cities to live in Asia, the newest studio focuses on developing a diverse catalogue of fun-packed casual genre from instant games to Creation HD PC & next Gen Console games - first to be built and shipped from Ubisoft Vietnam.
By bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, SEA and the World together, and allowing them to thrive in a dynamic and modern international work and living environment, Ubisoft Da Nang is the place to be to begin your journey in game development or take the big next step in your career.
In collaboration with the rest of the artistic and technical teams, you will create object and character animations based on rigged 2D or 3D game models, with the goal of pushing the quality of the gameplay and cutscenes to the max.
For this purpose, you will be tasked with the following:
· Devising animation systems tailored to the game's needs by working with the team and the various other trades involved in order to anticipate in-game constraints.
· Rapidly establishing basic prototypes that will fuel and guide thinking on the animations and gameplay.
· Helping to evaluate the time needed to accomplish your tasks in collaboration with your Lead, working within the allocated time frame for the scheduled deadlines.
· Take ownership on animation, provide feedback, guidance for game team so it suitable with game style, satisfy all the stakeholders.
· Creating high-quality animations in both realistic and cartoon styles: applying your knowledge of the keyframe animation principles, splitting and integrating the animations in a real-time engine, etc.
· Being able to optimize your pipeline to adhere to the real-time technical constraints, implementing the requested changes to support the artistic direction.
· Reporting any animation problems encountered to your manager, performing all other tasks that fall within the animator's scope.
· Documenting the system established, being able to explain it to junior animators and newcomers to the team.
· Holder of a degree in 3D or 2D animation, you have some initial experience in video game production
· In-depth knowledge of 2D Animation tools such as Spine, DragonBones, …
· In-depth knowledge of graphic tools, in particular, Photoshop, 3DS Max, and Zbrush
· Excellent understanding of movements in space
· Solid knowledge of setup and skinning
· Knowledge of 3D software such as 3DsMax, Maya or Blender is a plus
· Knowledge of VFX creation is a plus
· Keen artistic sense and attention to detail
· Capacity to adapt, inquisitiveness and an open mind
· Ability to receive, request and give constructive criticism
· Fluent in English
Why it's great to work at Ubisoft Danang:
· An international, professional, collaborative, modern and creative environment
· Attractive remuneration package
· Performance rewards
· Free access to Ubisoft PC games
· Creative & endless fun projects
· Flexible working time
· Premium healthcare insurance
· Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
· Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
· Staff clubs
· Free in-house entertainment facilities (PS5, Switch, Arcade Machine…), coffee, tea and fresh fruits