Become one of the drivers of energy transition with Total Trading & Shipping
Total is a major energy player, which produces and markets fuels, natural gas and low-carbon electricity. Our 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, more affordable, cleaner and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, our ambition is to become the responsible energy major.
Total Trading & Shipping (T&S), an international trading company, puts its expertise to use in the global energy markets. With its biomass blending and trading activity, Total T&S is an active participant in the development of sustainable biofuels. Our maritime transport expertise also helps to reduce the carbon footprint of sea transportation and we recently announced the time chartering of new vessels equipped with LNG propulsion. We work as a team in a fast paced and innovative environment.
What do we offer?
By joining our Treasury Analyst Internship, you can shape your future; don’t wait any longer and start to build your career with us.
The jobholder reports to the Treasurer and ultimately to the Financial Controller of the Singapore office,under the local supervision of theGeneral Manager, Finance and Administration andManaging Director of the Singapore office.
The jobholder is to effectively carry out the Treasury, settlement and banking responsibilities of the company’s commercial, trading and overheads activities
Due to extent of information acquired in the course of duties, the jobholder must respect the rules of confidentiality
Carry out all the Treasury processes in accordance to TOTAL group and T&S procedures, internal control/SOX/audit and Legal and Compliance requirements
· Process and handle all Treasury, banking and cash management related matters timely and in compliance to TOTAL group and T&S procedures
· Aware of the various external bank and legal requirements to facilitate the execution of Treasury, cash management and trade finance related matters
· Liaise with internal stakeholders and external parties to resolve Treasury and cash management issues
· Prepare the daily/monthly/Quarterly reporting of trading cargo and vessel related payments and receipts to various departments
· Process and execute payments and receipts timely and accurately using internal trade system and internal/external banking platforms according to the various cut off times of the external banks and TOTAL Treasury
· Update, check and monitor daily cashflows across the various bank accounts and currency balances
· Monitor and follow up on outstanding receivables
· Assist with quarterly working capital forecast process in TTA and coordinate across various departments in Singapore, Geneva and Paris
· Liaise with different departments such as Accounting, Credit, Operations within the company and, other relevant departments of Geneva and Paris offices or other TOTAL group companies for operational and adhoc treasury related matters and issues
· Liaise with external banks and TOTAL Treasury for operational and adhoc treasury and banking related matters and issues
· Liaise with external counterparties/suppliers to verify bank details for internal control purposes
· Updating our bank on daily basis regarding payments and receipts
· Ad-hoc reporting as and when required Duration of Internship: 6 months
· Degree holder (Bac + 3) or currently pursuing Bachelor Degree courses with some accounting background preferred
· Meticulous, professional, responsible, efficient, able to work both independently and as a team player within/with other departments and management, demonstrates good communication skills and close attention to detail
· Ability to cope well with stress and multi-tasking for urgent requests
· Proficient in Advanced Excel, Visual Basic, Macros in Excel preferred
General Finance Responsibility
Treasury Analyst Intern
Experience level required
Less than 3 years
TOTAL TRADING ASIA PTE LTD
Context and environment
· Total Trading Asia Pte Ltd (TTA) supports TOTAL’s Group Asian marketing activities in addition to international trading and marketing with TOTSA in Fuel Oil, Mid-Distillates, Gasoline, Naphtha, LPG, Crude Oil Products and Petchem
· Jobholder to assist in ensuring TTA’s Treasury, settlement and banking activities are in compliance with the many regulations that it is subject to – all within an environment where the team must meet strict deadlines.
· Activity particularly increases around month-end and quarter-end in addition to daily routine