Become one of the drivers of energy transition with Total Trading & Shipping
Total is a major energy player, which produces and markets fuels, natural gas and low-carbon electricity. Our 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, more affordable, cleaner and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, our ambition is to become the responsible energy major.
Total Trading & Shipping (T&S), an international trading company, puts its expertise to use in the global energy markets. With its biomass blending and trading activity, Total T&S is an active participant in the development of sustainable biofuels. Our maritime transport expertise also helps to reduce the carbon footprint of sea transportation and we recently announced the time chartering of new vessels equipped with LNG propulsion. We work as a team in a fast paced and innovative environment.
The jobholder is reporting to the Trading Operations General Manager of the Singapore Office, and works in liaison with the trading operations and credit officers in Geneva and in Paris , under the local supervision of the Managing Director of Singapore office.
· Receive documents, tracking them if necessary. Recording date of receipt in Medissys.
· Categorize incoming faxes and tenders in INCA system.
· Prepare documents for presentation to banks or counterparties. Recording date of sending in Medissys.
· Upon approval by Credit Manager, generating payment for TTA banking costs, and eventually for TOTSA banking costs to hand over to Geneva treasury for payment.
· Upon approval by Operators generating payment for inspection costs.
· Upon approval by Operators, if the estimates are already entered in Medissys by the operator in charge of the storage, generating payment for storage costs.
· Eventually helping operators on stocks reconciliation.
· Prepare, scanning and sending the documents needed by demurrage department in Paris.
· Follow up the old unpaid lists sent by treasury, and be an efficient help to operators to prompt customers to answer our reminders.
· Analyze, in liaison with accounting, and with the help of operators, suppliers and customers overdue accounts.
· Calculate possible recoverable late payment interests and offer operators help to do this.
· If requested by any operator or operations manager, daily watching some Medissys reporting screens to help the operators.
· Suggest any improvement to obtain better efficiency and achieve above jobs.
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Trading Shipping :
One of the most active players in the international oil markets
We have built a vast network of customers and suppliers worldwide, enabling us to trade on a daily basis with national oil companies, producers, other oil majors, refiners, traders, distributors and end-users.
We actively trade most crude grades and nearly all qualities of refined products, from high sulphur cracked fuel oil to gasoline components.
We have developed a set of trading strategies and expertise, which allows us to respond permanently to market changes and opportunities.
Through our commitment to the oil markets, we have become a major player in all their various aspects: physical, futures and derivatives.
Learn more about us on:
· In the final/senior year of bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, mathematics, logistics or similar fields
· With 2 to 3 years professional experience in similar field preferred.
· Rigorous, curious, reactive, commercially minded and resourceful.
General S/T Responsabilities
Trading Operations Assistant
Experience level required
Less than 3 years
TOTAL TRADING ASIA PTE LTD
Context and environment
· Administrative involvement –internationally- in the daily management of files.
· The jobholder is in contact with many involved departments : operations, credit, accounting, treasury both TTA and Geneva/Paris
· Assist the trading operators in all activities
· Achieving clean and accessible archiving allowing easy auditing
· Help obtaining funds in due time, and recover long over dues
· Reduce lists of over dues to inspection companies