· Working within the Retention Team and reporting to the Direct Sales Team Manager you will be responsible for the retention of renewal business (Gas & electricity) from direct customers.
· Prospecting of outbound sales, lead generation and Cross Selling to existing customers
· Contracting a large SME renewals portfolio to ensure financial targets are achieved and required site targets are achieved within credit risks / payment term rules.
· To quote customers predominately using the company pricing systems accurately and within procedures and controls to generate targeted sales throughout the year
· To manage any customer complaints to resolution in accordance with the company complaints procedure.
· To build up a portfolio of customers and to manage the acquired data effectively
· To use own initiative to develop new sales leads using all known marketing techniques with the emphasis on generating additional sales
· Working from a sales script to contract customers over the telephone within agreed rules.
· To work closely with the Sales Support Executive to ensure all generated sales are given maximum chance to go live.
· Ensure that all processes and procedures adhere to the SME Sales Quality programme, to ensure a minimum Monthly audit score of 95% is achieved consistently.
· To ensure motivation is continuously maintained and that KPI’s are focused on to drive quality and improvements in all aspects of the sales process
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Total Gas & Power Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Total Group responsible for energy Marketing and Trading activities in the UK.
Total Gas & Power Ltd’s UK Marketing business is a specialist provider of energy to UK businesses. We supply natural gas and electricity to many thousands of sites across the UK, and we are market leaders in the highly competitive Industrial and Commercial sector (by gas volume).
With customers across the entire commercial and industrial spectrum, competitive prices, a wide array of product solutions to meet customers’ individual buying needs, and high quality customer service remain the keystones for our growth and competitive success.
Our teams of dedicated employees always ensure a personal and professional service for all our customers. These teams are based in one of our three offices: Redhill in Surrey (main location), London and Leeds in West Yorkshire. We also have a network of field-based Account Managers located across the UK enabling us to form an individual relationship with our customers.
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Excellent Sales and negotiation skills.
· Good telephone manner
· A logical thought process to negotiate & sell.
· A proven track record in direct sales.
· Ability to show personal development within a sales environment.
· Computer literate
· Excellent MS Excel skill
· Excellent organisational skills to manage calls, maintain records, notes and a diary
· Ability to work on own, demonstrating drive and initiative
· Team player, willing to share ideas and techniques with other team colleagues.
SME Sales Executive
Gas Renewables And Power
Experience level required
0 - 3 years, 3 - 6 years
Salary range from