The Total Group has been present for 100 years in Belgium and employs more than 4,900 people.
In Antwerp, Total has one of the most efficient integrated platforms for refining and petrochemicals. Total Raffinaderij Antwerpen (TRA) is one of the most modern and diversified refineries in Europe and the largest in Belgium.
The Group is currently looking for a Process Safety Engineer (m/f/x) for the Antwerp Platform.
· You will be a key person in the Management of Change (MOC) process, making sure new risks are timely identified in each change;
· You will give practical safety advice to the organization (Production, Engineering, Maintenance) so that our production installations are provided with adequate safeguards;
· You will coordinate and participate in periodic safety reviews of our process installations and risk assessment exercises on projects;
· You will coordinate legal compliance safety studies (Seveso);
· You will train people in the domain of process safety (process safety fundamentals, asset integrity program…);
· You will lead investigations of process safety incidents and accidents to identify lessons to prevent them from recurring in the future.
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
- You are a Chemical, Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineer , preferably with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of process chemistry and/or specialization in safety (Level 1/2 curriculum, or expertise in risk assessment techniques) will be considered a plus in the recruitment process.
- You are willing to achieve a Level 1 in safety during the first years in function.
- You have strong communication skills and can be persuasive when it comes to passing on safety messages. You have an analytical mind and can convert this into practical solutions.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English . A good knowledge of French is a plus.
Do you want to work for a company in which Safety is recognized as the number one value of the Company? Do not hesitate to apply and join our team!
PROCESS SAFETY ENGINEER (M/F/X)
Refining & Chemicals
Region, department, area
Hyg Saf Sec Societal Env Qual
Experience level required
Less than 3 years, Minimum 3 years