At Total Trading & Shipping, innovation, digital and simplification are part of our daily life!
Are you looking to grow your career in the vibrant world of energy trading?
Do you have a quantitative background combined with excellent Python programming skills and a keen interest to apply this knowledge to a Middle Office business?
If yes, we would love to see your profile!
Context and environment
TOTSA supports TOTAL S.A.’s Europe refining supply and production in addition to international trading and marketing with other Trading & Shipping entities and third parties in Crude Oil, Fuel Oil, Mid-Distillates, Gasoline, Naphtha and Shipping activities.
Our multi-tasking team of Middle Office Analysts is closely working with Front-Office (traders) & Operations.
Joining this team offers the opportunity to get a global view on trading activities (physical & derivatives) allowing to develop competences on risk management.
Due to the increase in trading activity over recent years, this forward-looking team is always on the hunt for solutions to speed-up and standardize results by leveraging on digital tools (Python, Power BI etc..). We are now looking to hire a multifaceted individual eager to contribute to this team.
Your missions would typically include the following:
· Risk Control and Analysis for Europe trading and marketing activities.
· TOTSA activities include pipeline, vessels, barges, storage and shipping physical and derivatives executions.
· Middle Office Analyst is in charge to monitor the daily activity for the desk (representing an activity or a geographical area) he has been assigned to.
· This includes the following actions:
· Monitor & check with traders & operators consistency of any operational or contractual changes (cross-checking) and assess impact on risk exposure & financial results.
· Responsible for all daily and monthly P/L reporting for Management, traders and Finance Dpt.
· Monitor, control and report daily pricings for the desk. Assist in optimizing the global hedges for the desk by analyzing the risk exposure and reporting hedges to be performed.
· Compute daily Value At Risk and report daily risk exposure. Check compliance with authorized limits and report to Management.
· Prepare reports for approval by the Trading Desk Managers and President.
· Provide statistical results, trades analysis and support needed to Trading Desks and Management.
· Develop analytical programs and management tools; improving spreadsheets, macros and position management.
· Participate in new projects as directed by the Management.
· Expectations: Ability to explain daily P&L and risk exposure changes. Publish these data to Management after cross-checking with traders.
About us / company profile
Become one of the drivers of energy transition with Total Trading & Shipping.
Total is a major energy player, which produces and markets fuels, natural gas and low-carbon electricity. Our 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, more affordable, cleaner and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, our ambition is to become the responsible energy major.
Trading Shipping :
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. We are one of the most active players in the international oil markets, trading with a vast network of customers and suppliers worldwide: national oil companies, producers, other oil majors, refiners, traders, distributors and end-users.
We have developed a set of trading strategies and expertise, which allows us to respond permanently to market changes and opportunities, on all physical and paper oil markets.
Satisfying the energy needs of a growing world population, curbing global warming, and adapting to changing customer behaviors and expectations are the three challenges that Total must meet over the next 20 years. With its biomass blending and trading activity, Total Trading & Shipping is an active participant in the development of sustainable biofuels. Our maritime transport expertise also helps to reduce the carbon footprint of sea transportation and we recently announced the time chartering of new vessels equipped with LNG propulsion.
Learn more about us on:
· You should hold a Master’s degree in one of the following areas: Engineering / Math / Finance / Energy.
· A specialization in Energy and / or any professional experience in trading or related field would be appreciated.
· We are open to consider fresh graduates
· You have advanced Python programming skills combined with excellent mathematical background (Python coding test during the interview process).
· Excel proficiency, VBA required
· You have an analytical mind that allows you to have a thorough comprehension of trading and marketing activities.
· You are an effective communicator with the ability to establish strong relationships with key stakeholders
· You fluently speak English. Ability to speak French will be an advantage
· You thrive working as a team player, you have excellent attitude towards work, being resilient, and goal oriented with a keen willingness to learn.
Financial Middle / Back Office
Financial Analyst Middle Office
Experience level required
Minimum 3 years