About the Activities
· Responsible for the preparation and analysis of mid & end of month forecasts and the monthly/yearly financial results.
· Assist with the budget preparation process as directed for sales, production and distribution.
· Use knowledge and expertise of Microsoft Office packages,SAPto aid all areas of the business.
· Development and maintaining of Priority Controls and account reconciliations.
· Key point of contact for Lubricants financial contracts. Ensuring correct handling onSAPincluding annual and quarterly reconciliations.
· Ensure that ad-Hoc information and analysis is developed as required to support the achievement of the company’s strategic and business goals.
· To produce, analyse and interpret information at summary and detailed level covering sales, pricing and profitability performance for all key accounts.
· To provide support to Sales Managers and Area Business Managers regarding volumes, margins and rebates by way of monthly reports over varying timeframes including analysis of sales, margins and profitability by channel, customer and product .
· Develop, maintain and distribute cost centre reports to budget holders showing comparison to budget per month and YTD, investigating discrepancies where required. Provide support to Senior Management team in order to highlight areas of variance over budget and assist with investigation.
· Assist in the refining of rebate reconciliations of SAP to contracted agreements.
· Develop and formalise Product pricing trends.
· Regular forecast, budget and monthly account preparation for submission to Head Office finance teams.
· Management of aged debt through the production of detailed account reconciliations.
· Reviewing of customer performance against contracts.
· Monthly invoicing to key OEM customers.
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
About the Accountabilities
· To the Business Process Manager for all aspects of the role.
· To the Finance Management team for delivery of timely business performance information and other ad-hoc financial and KPI reporting. In relation to Health, Safety and the environment you have duty to take reasonable care of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work, this means following company rules, training and instruction as necessary, to actively participate in achieving HSE goals and objectives and report any unsafe acts or hazardous conditions and take proactive steps where possible to prevent loss or damage.
About the Candidate
· Graduate calibre, educated to degree level and/or studying towards a recognised professional qualification in a financial or other appropriate discipline.
· Good understanding of information system software especially Microsoft Office packages, especially MS Excel
· Must be able to work on own initiative.
· Good communication skills essential.
General Finance Responsibility, Cost Control & Reporting
Finance Business Analyst
Marketing & Services
Experience level required
Minimum 3 years, Minimum 6 years, Minimum 10 years, Minimum 15 years
Fixed term position
Context and environment
About the Context and Environment
· The position is a front line business liaison role with responsibility for the production, analysis and agreement of management information within Total Lubricants. A high degree of contact with the Management team is a fundamental part of the role.
· A good knowledge of the business and the technical systems and procedures used within the company is required in order to be able to fully understand and analyse the results produced.
About the Job Dimensions
A member of the Business Planning team reporting to the Business Process Manager; Key contact for Head Office (Euston/Paris) Finance teams. Working closely with other Lubricants departments the Financial Business Analyst is primarily responsible for the financial controls and production of management information in support of the business.