Join the department of Total Solar International and play a significant role in the achievement of Total Renewables targets, while developing, building and operating solar and hybrid projects between 10MW (small scale solar Utility Power Plant projects in Europe) and ~1GW (large scale in remote area), all over the world, either with full ownership or with partners in JVs.
Although, such projects can be developed and implemented on a multi-year duration basis (from 1 up to 4 years), the unit CAPEX of the project can be as high as 1G$, and some portfolio approach shall have to be considered.
Indeed, The Snr EPC Sourcing & Contract Manager will support TSI growth and profitability while being responsible and accountable to:
· Develop and manage the relevant network of Contractors (EPC, O&M and Consultants)
· Develop appropriate contracting strategies,
· To lead successfully the execution of the resulting contracts, i.e. ensuring that the contracts are delivered on schedule, on budget and meeting the performance criteria.
What could be your next day-to-day responsibilities?
As a direct report to the Head of Operations & Technical Dpt TSI , the candidate will:
· Develop, manage and optimize its EPC (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) Contractors network:
· Perform regular market screening on TSI targeted countries
· Develop and manage TSI EPC network within those countries
· Develop, manage and optimize its EPC Sourcing strategies and processes:
· Lead the Request For information (RFI) and Request For Proposal (RFP) processes
· Qualify the most appropriate EPC Contractors for each assigned project / portfolio
· Manage the EPC selection & Recommendation To Award (RTA) process, in order to get the required internal approvals to award the most competitive contractor (based on technical, economical and contractual analysis)
· Support or even lead EPC Contract Management on some key projects:
· Improve standard Term-Sheet, Contract and their Appendices, in close coordination with legal, business and technical teams
· Manage contractual negotiations with EPC Contractors (with the support of our legal, business and technical teams), in order to execute EPC Term-Sheet and then Contract
· Support local execution teams or even lead EPC Contract Management during execution
· Manage further procurement activities for TSI:
· Provide similar support with regards to O&M Contractors, Technical Advisors and Owner’s Engineers
· Develop and implement framework agreements with the relevant contractors
· Develop, update and improve procurement processes/procedures/tools/templates for TSI, in close coordination with Total Global Procurement (TGP) and the relevant team members within TSI headquarter and hubs (legal, project, technical)
· Develop and manage KPIs and continuous improvement activities related to his/her scope Those are the essential duties and responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
What is the profile of our ideal candidate?
You do have minimum 8 years working experience including significant experiences in Solar PV (either on EPC or on IPP side) and a degree in Engineering and/or Sales and/or Procurement? In this case, the role should suit you.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that he/she has the following capabilities.
- Significant experience with global EPC Contractors (European, US, Indian, Chinese), in terms of sourcing and contract management
- Experience working in multi-cultural / multi-site environment, and in a wide transverse / cross-functional mode
- Legal, financial, contract management skills
- Good knowledge in MS Office, SAP, e-Sourcing software
- Fluent in English (French and/or Spanish and/or Chinese as a plus)
- Synthetic and analytical mind, results-oriented, autonomy, perseverance, adaptability, open-mindedness, team spirit, interpersonal skills
If this ad matches with your expectations, please submit your application!
Procurement General Responsibilities, Project Management, Support/ Project Management
EPC Sourcing & contract Senior Manager (M/F)
Gas Renewables And Power
Region, department, area
92 - Hauts-de-Seine
Industrial Projects, Operations/Exploitation, Procurement
Experience level required
Minimum 3 years
Context and environment
You will be supporting EPC sourcing and contract management activities and more generally TSI procurement activities within a wider task force of professionals coming from each and every TSI location such as business, legal, execution and technical teams
You will also have to coordinate procurement activities with the relevant teams within Total Renewables (i.e. Procurement Managers in other LBUs) and within Total Global Procurement (i.e. the team in charge of providing support to Total Renewables), in order to align and improve methodologies/process/tools/templates.
You will also be in direct contact and even leading business, technical and contractual negotiations with 3 rd parties, like EPC Contractors, O&M Contractors, Technical Advisors, Owners’s Engineers, Lenders, Partners…
This role may require business travels to support TSI local teams.