Become one of the drivers of energy transition with Total Gas and Power
Total is a major energy player, which produces and markets fuels, natural gas and low-carbon electricity. Our 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, more affordable, cleaner and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, our ambition is to become the responsible energy major.
Total Gas and Power (TGP) is the trading arm of Total in the field of low carbon energies (mainly gas, LNG and power). As such it operates in fast-evolving market dynamics influenced by internal and external factors that require constant adaptation and evolution. Uncertainties specific to the trading environment (volatility of prices, supply & demand mismatches) are coupled with those coming from the broader energy sector (climate change policies, changes in the energy mix, developments of new energy sources, etc). In such context TGP helps to ensure growth and profitability to a key segment of the business in order to reach the objective of Carbon Neutrality by 2050.
Oil, Gas & Power trading activities represent around 1100 positions worldwide.
We are fully dedicated to the digital transformation of our activities.
This is an individual contributor role within in a highly demanding and fast moving trading environment subject to constant change. Due to tight deadlines associated with trading activities, the incumbent should demonstrate ability to work under pressure.
The Job Holder requires to have strong background in financial and credit risk analysis is a must, with a good understanding of implications of financial data points on the counterparty’s credit worthiness as this will drive the credit recommendation to Senior Management.
The Job Holder must be able to manage multiple internal and external working relationships with Front Office, Back Office, Legal and Accounting departments in Total Gas & Power Asia (TGPA), Total Gas & Power Australia (TGPAu) and Total Gas & Power Geneva (TGPG) internally. Responsible for liaising with external counterparts as part of the credit review and trade finance workflow.
• Analyse the financial condition of all trading counterparts and related groups within the credit review process,
recommend appropriate credit limits and ensure these are reviewed with and approved by the Finance Manager
and TGPG’s Deputy Head of Credit and Finance Director
• Ensure the timely and accurate recording of all credit limit and exposure related information, including counterpart information reflected in the trading system and databases maintained by the credit department.
• Assist to liaise between counterparty, front office, operations team, back office and bank for all letters of credit
(LC) related issues
• Verify that counterpart has been correctly approved for trading in line with TGP credit and compliance policies
• Assist to prepare draft wording of LC, based on terms and conditions set out in the agreements and after
confirmation of pricing and volume metrics with counterparties. Verify that form of LC issued is acceptable and is
issued and/or confirmed by an acceptable bank
• Prepare weekly LNG securities report and ensure that timely review and update of the LC requirements. Monitor
LC receipts and issuances to ensure compliance with contractual terms
• Confirm permission to Operations desk to commence with loading
• For export documentary LCs, coordinate with Operations to verify relevant cargo documentation and ensure clean presentation of LCs
• Present documents to bank to obtain payment under DLC ensuring procedures and timelines are respected
• Support the Finance Manager in the timely calculation & reporting of all trading credit exposure against credit
limits to ensure ongoing evaluation and control of credit risk
• Work with Finance department to ensure the timely reporting of aged debt status as part of the weekly reporting
cycle. Follow-up of aged debt and work with Front office to ensure trade debts are collected in a timely manner
• Ensure the credit limits, credit ratings, review date and other key counterpart information is maintained in the trading book in line with the annual review process. Ensure that only active counterparts are reflected in the credit book
About us / company profile
The global activities of the Gas & Power Branch of Total SA, and its affiliates, subsidiaries and associated companies (“Total Gas & Power”, "Group" or "Total Group") include the marketing and trading of natural gas, liquefied natural gas ("LNG") and power, the trading of liquefied petroleum gas ("LPG"), natural gas transportation and storage, as well as LNG re-gasification and the production and sale of coal and petcoke.
Total Gas & Power’s trading teams are responsible for optimising the purchase/sales portfolios of gas, electricity, coal and LPG via transactions (arbitrage, balancing and hedging) in all recognised markets, in compliance with Group trading guidelines.
TGPA participates and supports Total Gas & Power’s efforts in developing its energy trading network of Asian and Australian counterparts and increasing market share, identifying new opportunities and complementing the expansion of Total Gas & Power’s trading portfolio.
· Good first degree or equivalent, ideally in a business, mathematical or scientific discipline
· At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in credit risk analysis and trade finance in the context of a commodity trading environment
· Strong communication and negotiation skills are a requirement
· Excellent IT skills in MS Excel, MS Access and other relevant financial packages such as Bloomberg, MS Excel add-ins etc
· Good working knowledge of UCP600 and ISP98 would be a significant advantage
· Fluency in Mandarin and ability to read Chinese is preferred
Cost Control & Reporting, Cash & Financing Management
Credit Analyst (Contract role)
Gas Renewables And Power
Experience level required
Minimum 3 years, Minimum 6 years
Fixed term position
TOTAL GAS & POWER ASIA LIMITED