Description de l'offre
An Analyst Programmer is required to work on Development Projects and Support Based activities. This is a largely project based environment with commercial deadlines, requiring a committed attitude and high technical competence.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
Design & Development
· Contribute towards the design of new system developments and the evolution of existing system capabilities within a Service Orientated Architecture
· Produce code that meets quality, coding and performance standards according to local IT guidelines and policies including Security, auditing and SOX requirements
· Ensure re-use of code and Services is maximised with new developments
· Work with off shore partners in the liason of requirements and the review of 3 rd party functional and technical documentation
· Ensure developments meets quality, coding and performance standards according to local IT guidelines and policies where 3 rd parties are involved in the development
· Work with the Business Analysts to ensure requirements and functional design is accurately captured in UML design models
· Ensure technical & supporting documentation is provided for developments within responsibility
· Undertake Unit testing making full utilisation of automation tools available and working with the system test team to ensure tests are integrated as part of the overall test plan
· Plan and prioritise day to day and project related assigned tasks effectively to meet the business requirements and project timescales
· Evaluate new development software and technologies for use within Total Gas & power UK Marketing
· Keep abreast of New technologies and methods within the Systems Development arena
· Report progress to the Development and Support Manager on a regular basis
· Provide 24/7 support for core business applications
· Provide technical support for the production running of the core business systems, diagnosing faults and creating code fixes or data-patches to correct production issues
· Identify, define and propose system improvements that can be made to reduce the input of recurring data-patches
· Undertake daily system checks, where required, to ensure all daily processes for eg Metering flows, SPA flows are functioning correctly
· Undertake scenario Testing of proposed solutions to prove concept of changes
· Provide expertise and support on Oracle database and SUN development technologies
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Total Gas & Power Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Total Group responsible for energy Marketing and Trading activities in the UK.
Total Gas & Power Ltd’s UK Marketing business is a specialist provider of energy to UK businesses. We supply natural gas and electricity to many thousands of sites across the UK, and we are market leaders in the highly competitive Industrial and Commercial sector (by gas volume).
With customers across the entire commercial and industrial spectrum, competitive prices, a wide array of product solutions to meet customers’ individual buying needs, and high quality customer service remain the keystones for our growth and competitive success.
Our teams of dedicated employees always ensure a personal and professional service for all our customers. These teams are based in one of our three offices: Redhill in Surrey (main location), London and Leeds in West Yorkshire. We also have a network of field-based Account Managers located across the UK enabling us to form an individual relationship with our customers.
To be a success in this role, you will need:
· Education to ‘A’ levels or equivalent + 5 years of relevant industry experience in a software development position.
· Proven delivery track record for full lifecycle implementations
· An awareness and appreciation of new emerging technologies and standards being adopted within the IT industry and their potential benefits to any business
· A thorough understanding of Oracle & SUN mainstream development technologies & tools
· Good understanding of the UK Utilities market
· Adaptability, flexibility in working within a team
· Have full understanding of the wider issues surrounding a project
· Strong Analytical/Problem Solving skills
· Ability to work with minimal general supervision or as part of a team
· Work well under pressure
· Organisation and planning abilities, ability to prioritise as required
· Good communication skills
· Commercial awareness in the impact of the role and projects undertaken
· Proven capability with Oracle, APEX,PL/SQL, C, Java, C# .Net
· Good technical understanding of Oracle database & tuning
· Good knowledge of UML modelling
· Thorough understanding of SOA, it’s impacts and drivers
· Proven working knowledge of multi-tier developments from Client Server to Web based developments
· Development of Web Services to be utilised by a number of different consumers (eg screens or BPEL process)
· Working knowledge of Windows and Unix operating systems
· Familiar with legacy software languages (eg VB, Oracle Forms)
· Familiar with storage Area Networks technologies (HP EVA, EMC)
Gas Renewables And Power
Experience level required
3 - 6 years
Salary range to
Affiliate (if known)
TOTAL GAS & POWER LTD
Salary range from