Application deadline: 19.03.2021
Expected start date: April/ May
fixed term for two years
Are you interested in being part of an Enthusiastic Accounting Team that provides high quality financial and professional services while delivering accurate accounting records and financial statements?if yes, then this position atTotal in Copenhagen office might be your match!
As Accountant TCS (Total Country Services) in the Finance, TCS team you will be able to shape and develop a central role with great influence in ensuring accurate financial statements. This is with the possibility to continuously learn and develop your competencies in preparing statutory accounts for Total Upstream Denmark A/S in regular timely reporting. You will get to use your knowledge and experience applying a range of techniques when complying with legal requirements and following accounting standards with the highest manner. Overall, you have the responsibility of the accounting processes and taking care of the accuracy of the accounting records. These areas of responsibilities will include tasks such as:
· Perform the timely monitoring of assets and obligations, receivable/payable positions for review by the Chief Accountant
· Participate actively in the monthly, quarterly and annual closings are timely provided
· Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting guidelines
· Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
· Ensure internal control is followed and participate in the development of the Standard Operating procedures
· Implement corrective actions immediately after issues are found and communicate with the Chief Accountant
· Apply Group procedures and best practices when processing accounting records
· Use and understands the various accounting tools
· Contribute to SAP improvement
· Provide ad hoc support to other team members as required
· Coordinate with Total Global Service Bucharest (TGSB) the required tasks to process invoices (Internal/External)
About us / company profile
Better energy needs you!
Total offers you a unique opportunity to join one of the top 5 Oil & Gas majors operating in more than 130 countries with over 150 nationalities in 500 professions. This means that you will be able to engage, share knowledge, gain cultural intelligence and become part of a collective success in terms of cross-cultural and cross-disciplinary project teams.
In becoming the responsible energy major committing to better energy, there is still a need for hydrocarbons in meeting energy demands. Meeting the energy needs of a larger population is therefore essential in the core business of exploring and producing oil & gas for as many people as possible. This is where you come in; Take action today and shape tomorrow’s energy in Total at our office in Copenhagen. Our 98,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits .
Who we are looking for
It is important that you possess a safety mindset and address the job with a strong understanding of the business and people. Naturally, you thrive in a highly independent and visible position in a free and dynamic working environment. Moreover, this position calls for strong attention to detail and good analytical skills. This is with knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, and therefore a desire to development and to contribute to the accounting team is relevant. Also, excellent interpersonal and communicative skills are essential in combining a holistic business view with concrete pro- active initiatives and willingness to learn. We are looking for a strong team player with the ability to build relationships and work constructively with others to achieve business goals.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Accounting and Finance
· MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
· Preferable prior SAP experience
· Accounting degree Contact
For the position/job related questions, please contact Chief Accountant Jorge Llanos on +4521279448.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Cost Control & Reporting
Total Global Services
Experience level required
Minimum 3 years
Fixed term position
TOTAL DENMARK A/S