Explore career opportunities at TJ Maxx, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. TJ Maxx delivers great value on ever-changing selections of brand name and designer fashion at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices, on comparable merchandise, every day. With over 1,000 stores nationwide and an e-commerce business, it’s a great time to join the TJ Maxx team.
· Designs, recommends, and justifies process improvement and capital changes to the DC Network, including justification of material handling applications
· Identifies and isolates the source of production and productivity bottlenecks in the DC network and makes justified recommendations for elimination/reduction.
· Contributes to Best Practice recommendations and justifications, incorporating universal processes that may be utilized network-wide across DC technology groups
· Recommends universal applications of standards data on comparable processes across multiple DC’s so as to make the department more efficient in reducing redundant IE labor and improve standardization of data.
· Performs total cost analysis of processing types and product types within the DC, including labor, materials, impact on shrink, damages, and flow
· Conducts, monitors, and documents controlled comparative tests and prototypes within the DC
· Completes justification with all data at an ROI/IRR level.
· Develops and is responsible for engineered labor standards and their accuracy within specified norms in the DC utilizing MOST or other applicable work measurement methods
· Accountable for ensuring all measurable tasks in the DC are measured and validated.
· Designs methods and process steps for all measured tasks within the DC, including work station tools and job aids.
· Maps all data interfaces between the WMS and the LMS (labor management system) to provide data for standards application and performance reporting against standard
· Intermediate knowledge of CAD software
· Intermediate knowledge of database/ analytics software (Access, SQL, etc.)
· Intermediate ability to apply statistical decision making in process improvement efforts (regression, hypothesis testing, etc.)
· Lean/Six Sigma background or training preferred
· Basic knowledge of material handling technology
· Time study/standards creation experience preferred (MOST, digital stopwatch, etc.)
· 1 - 3 Years in Industrial Engineering in distribution/supply chain environment.
· 4 year degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering Technology, or similar equivalent degree.
You can also feel good knowing that TJ Maxx is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense and T.K. Maxx.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Worcester || MA || TJ Maxx
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Job Segment: Business Process, Process Engineer, Merchandising, Fashion Retail, Engineer, Management, Engineering, Retail, Fashion