Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Groveport || OH
As a member of our copywriting team, your primary responsibility will be writing and editing electronic, print and multimedia communications for the full range of HomeGoods product categories. The ideal candidate will possess a masterful command of the English language, the ability to write benefit-oriented product copy, and the desire to work in a fun, fast-paced environment that rewards teamwork and initiative.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform online research with 100% accuracy to identify key product benefits and features
· Translate technical product specifications into lively, benefit-oriented copy that sells
· Write print and electronic product copy that demonstrates an acute awareness of the brand image our vendors strive to present
· Complete other projects as assigned, including promotional copy for ads, scripts, guides, signs, billboards, internal publications, press releases and more
· Proof and edit peer copy and other company documentation
· Ensure copy is properly drafted and maintained in an Adobe platform
· Collaborate with designers, buyers and marketing specialists to ensure creative synergy
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· 1-4 years of experience as a writer of marketing copy, preferably within an eCommerce or catalog mail-order environment
· Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, journalism, English or other writing-intensive program, or equivalent professional experience
· Well-versed in editing, grammar and proofreading techniques
· Ability to conduct accurate web-based research
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
· Ability to maintain a swift, steady pace without sacrificing quality
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe programs helpful
· Familiarity with AP style and SEO best practices desirable
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Groveport || OH
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Job Segment: Copy Editor, Proofreading, Advertising, Journalism, Creative, Research, Marketing, Publishing