Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team?
TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world’s leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX’s retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States; TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Marie is a born leader, so we were thrilled when she left her merchandising job in a Montreal boutique to become one of our Merchandise Coordinators. She helps decide which items should move from the backroom onto the sales floor, trains sales associates, and monitors markdowns so our customers always get the best deals. She keeps shoppers looking great by getting the latest styles out in the open.
And she always looks great, too, even when she’s sprinting across the store hurdling clothing racks in four-inch spike heels. Don’t worry, she only does it after-hours.
This is Marie. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you’ll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can’t do it all ourselves. You’ll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Marie, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Merchandise Coordinators, we’d ask you to do the following:
· Understand and be knowledgeable of BEST operational standards and monitor your respective zone’s performance and execution against these standards
· Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to merchandise, sales floor, and IBI
· Review weekly MAP and CommPak, and support communication of change to merchandise presentation, IBI, fashion trends, ads, events, etc.
· Assign priorities and provide direction and support in the communication to drive sales and improve merchandise processes
· Develop a plan with our AM of Merchandise to increase sales in underperforming departments and capitalize on high performers
· Work with our AM of Merchandise and our Merchandise Processing Coordinator to determine the priorities for processing and moving new merchandise to the sales floor within set standards
· Support markdown functions, including performing markdowns, monitoring markdown process in zone, etc.
· Train and develop Sales Associates in merchandise-presentation standards, assist in the training and development of Sales Associates, and provide customer service for both internal and external customers
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let’s hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there’s a good chance this job isn’t for you. But if it does sound right for you, here’s why we know you’ll be able to handle those challenges:
· You have strong knowledge of all merchandise-presentation standards and general knowledge of retail operations, including an understanding of fashion trends, seasonal events, inventory levels, etc.
· Your customer-service skills include effectively and efficiently responding to Associate inquiries, identifying stated and unstated customer needs, building relationships with Associates, resolving any problems that may arise, and referring complex issues to Management
· You have strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and active-listening skills
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.
Job Segment: Retail Sales, Merchandising, Fashion Retail, Apparel, Garment, Retail, Fashion