Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Homesense.
Our Vision for this Role
As the Associate Logistics Planning Analyst you are a crucial part of our supply chain network, providing solutions daily to our key strategic business partners, which supports the flow of goods from our domestic vendors to our stores. You’ll ensure we get the right product, to the right place, at the right time, which keeps our stores exciting and ever-changing. Working in a fast-paced retail business, no day will be the same!
You will coordinate the resolutions of transactional inbound logistics issues through partnership with carriers, vendors and the Inbound Planning Team. You will manage incoming requests through various channels such as phone and email, and take initiative to resolve issues for carriers and vendors for shipments that have been assigned/routed to be picked up at vendor locations and delivered to TJX locations. You will provide operational reporting and help on special assignments with the Planning team.
The skills that will make you successful
· Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business or Industrial Engineering with 1+ years of relatable experience or relevant internship experience;
· Exceptional Microsoft Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
· Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment; product moves quickly through our supply chain network, it is important to react quickly to incoming requests;
· Strong Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills; no day is the same in off-price retail, the ability to assess situations quickly and provide alternate solutions is key to success;
· Excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships; you are the face of TJX to many of our external strategic partners;
· Flexible and adaptable; priorities change frequently based on business demands, the ability to change direction quickly is critical;
· Customer service mentality; providing a high level of service to our key partners is important;
· Demonstrates the ability to manipulate and make inferences from data.
The responsibilities you will have in this Role
· Manage communication with carriers and vendors through the TJX Inbound Email box as well as by phone;
· Take initiative to professionally resolve operational issues with carriers and vendors that result in efficient freight movements that pick up from vendors on-time and deliver to TJX locations on-time;
· Coordinate with carriers to assess, track and report to internal stakeholder’s delays that could be associated with weather, Railroad line closures, etc.;
· Daily and weekly reporting to Domestic Transportation Team;
· Manage some operational processes within the Inbound Transportation team;
· Monitor reporting and take action to resolve shipments that are not within defined compliance parameters;
· Evaluate routing options based on department, Ladder Plan, transit times and vendor pickup requirements. Recommend optimal transportation solution utilizing Less Than Truckload (LTL), Truck Load (TL) Intermodal, Consolidation, and Continuous Move methods.
· Create optimal freight movements maximizing cube, cartons and weight. Minimize out of route miles and reduce stop-offs for improved carrier sourcing and acceptance for assigned region.
The Value You’ll Deliver
You’re a problem-solver who understands the inner workings of our complex business model. You’ll collaborate with internal partners, carriers, top vendors and our Buyers to ensure timely and efficient movement of merchandise from vendors to our stores. You are a necessary part of our business model.
Your Brand within the TJX Community
Through your work you’ll be recognized as someone who delivers solutions, results and partnership to the Merchandising business at TJX.
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Strategic Planning, Transportation, Merchandising, Engineer, Intern, Strategy, Engineering, Retail, Entry Level