Style is never in short supply at our more than 1,000 TJ Maxx stores. They all have different products, but the same commitment to the thrill of the find. From designers straight off the runway to statement jewelry, we offer exciting surprises that make the everyday a little more fun. Same with working here. Our environment is ever-changing, yet always encouraging. Each shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different.
This individual will provide support in the areas of office management and general business operations to the Building General Manager as well as the Senior Leadership group in our Las Vegas Distribution Center. Areas of responsibility include:
· Perform a variety of administrative tasks in direct support of the AVP/General Manager.
· Perform a variety of administrative, clerical and general office duties in support of the AVP/General Manager and the Senior Leadership Group both through regularly scheduled activities or as requested by management.
· Developing and processing sensitive information, while maintaining confidentiality.
· Scheduling informal/formal events.
· Organize internal and external meetings, taking meeting notes when required.
· Communicate with internal, corporate business partners as necessary; coordinate all aspects of visitors arriving at the Distribution Center
· Communicate and coordinate with external business partners as necessary; to include, vendors, contractors etc.
· Support other functional departments in team meetings, functions, and/or corporate initiatives.
· Conduct reporting and data analysis via the use of excel spreadsheets and internal warehouse management system with the goal of managing the daily operational reporting process with distribution to corporate offices.
· Maintain a clean and professional office environment
· Process incoming mail, packages, and faxes while ensuring they are delivered securely and in a timely fashion.
· Other duties as necessary
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Power Point, Word and Excel, in addition to web-based administrative applications
· Experience operating a variety of general office equipment, including fax machines, scanners, and copiers
· 1-2 yrs. experience as an Executive/Administrative Assistant in a corporate environment (including internship experience) preferred.
· Must have strong verbal and written communication skills coupled with a professional character
· Exceptionally organized with strong prioritization skills, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
· Quick learner, with a positive attitude, and ability to work well independently and within a team
· Trustworthy and dependable
· Ability to take direction from multiple sources with a variety of management styles
· Flexible, to adjust work hours as necessary for special projects
At TJ Maxx there’s so much potential to discover something new. A new day means new merchandise, and a fresh chance to reinvent retail. Discover Different means that we want you to bring your whole self and your sense of style to work with you every day—just as Associates do throughout the entire TJX family, which includes Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense.
Discover Different also means we embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas
Job Segment: Facilities, Warehouse, Intern, Clerical, Office Manager, Operations, Manufacturing, Entry Level, Administrative