Explore career opportunities at HomeGoods, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. HomeGoods is where savvy shoppers of every style discover an ever-changing selection of exciting top brands and home fashions from around the world, at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices, on comparable merchandise, every day. With over 500 stores nationwide, it’s a great time to join the HomeGoods team.
Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs all conveyor, sortation and related material handling equipment; heating; HVAC, plumbing and/or other specialized areas to ensure proper, safe and efficient mechanical/electrical operations within the Distribution Center. Installs new or modifies existing equipment or systems, and as necessary designs, fabricates and installs specialized equipment.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· Repairs and maintains machinery, mechanical and/or electrical equipment to include motors, pumps, conveyers, hydraulics, electro-mechanical control systems, power equipment, safety devices, or other specialized equipment. Examines parts and equipment to diagnose, troubleshoot, and perform repairs or installations in accordance with established safety procedures. Inspects completed repairs or installations.
· Maintains and repairs a variety of building operation systems to include plumbing, electrical, heating, refrigeration, sprinklers, etc. Inspects completed repairs.
· Recommends and implements improvements to equipment, operations and procedures. Requisitions new parts and equipment.
· Performs special projects or duties as assigned.
· Must be able to operate shop equipment and hand tools.
· Ability to lift or move items weighing up to 75 pounds.
· Good communication and writing skills including the ability to understand and read instructions.
· 2+ years of maintenance experience required
· Hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical experience preferred.
· Welding/fabrication experience preferred.
· HVAC Experience preferred.
· Sortation and conveyor experience preferred.
· Must be familiar with OSHA, MSDS and Lock Out Tag Out.
· Must be familiar with plumbing or pipefitting.
You can also feel good knowing that HomeGoods is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners and Homesense.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Tucson || AZ || HomeGoods
Nearest Major Market: Tucson
Job Segment: Maintenance Mechanic, Mechanic, Maintenance, Hydraulics, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering