Solita discovered ADVENTURE working at TJX.
Every day at our stores feels like a new adventure to Solita and she says that’s what makes her work so exciting. The challenges, problem-solving and constant variety are just some of the things that you’ll discover working with us too!
What you’ll discover
Eligible Associates can look forward to:
· One-of-a-kind, inclusive culture
· Dedicated training and on-the-job resources to enhance your development
· Merchandise discount for yourself and eligible family members at all TJX Canada stores
· Associate and Family Assistance Program to support healthy living
What you’ll do
It’s safe to say, there’s no shortage of variety in what we do. Here are some key responsibilities of the role:
· Assists in the planning, coordinating and executing movement of merchandise from the backroom to the sales floor, maintaining merchandise presentation standards.
· Supports merchandise presentation training of the sales floor Associates as required
· Participate in Daily Store walk through to develop merchandise presentation tasks and priorities for the day and week in collaboration with Manager on Duty.
· Participate in the planning of who will complete merchandise presentation tasks in collaboration with Manager on Duty, leveraging the scheduled Associates and their strengths.
· Create inspirational features in areas: Power Aisles, End Caps, FOS and High profile visual areas; i.e. Furniture and Big ticket, based on findings and plan from Daily store walk through. MOD delegates remainder of identified tasks to Associates.
· Create a store environment that maximizes sales through inspirational features, power aisles and big ticket areas.
· Partner with store team and Store Operations Merchandise Presentation to ensure clear understanding and execution of national presentation strategy
· Drive fashion/trend, season, brand and value through features.
· Create inspiration through frequent feature changes in order to provide customers with a fresh new look every day.
· Evaluate presentation standards to identify opportunities and challenges on the sales floor.
· Support flow of merchandise from backroom to ensure merchandise is placed on sales floor according to merchandising standards.
What you’ll need
To begin your career with us, you’ll have:
· Education; post-secondary certification in Visual Presentation, Home Decoration/Design or related fields (i.e. Fashion).
· Experience; 1-3 years in visual presentation in retail environment.
· Knowledge of retail operations including an understanding of fashion trends, seasonal events, inventory levels and business acumen.
· Strong knowledge and passion for interior design/home decorating within a store environment.
· Strong knowledge of all merchandise presentation standards and proven ability to build impactful features and create an inspirational store environment.
· Stimulates total store merchandise presentation vision in collaboration with management team; based on inventory, trends, season, customer need and retail industry.
· Ability to identify and articulate store presentation vision and influence others.
· Excellent customer service, communication (verbal and written) and time management skills
Executes the daily tasks required for Store Loss Prevention and safety programs. Maintains strong partnerships with Store Management. Conducts apprehensions within established policies and guidelines. Communicates with store Associates on damage and shrink initiatives. Identifies and resolves internal and external theft.
Adheres to established shoplifter guidelines and policies
Provides prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to internal and external customers
Promotes a culture of honesty and integrity; maintains confidentiality
Observes, apprehends, and/or deters any acts of dishonesty from outside sources
Participates in investigations and surveillance as assigned
Ensures apprehensions are consistent with store theft activity
Completes and distributes paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
Maintains appropriate evidence, demonstrates understanding of law enforcement procedures and professionally participates in legal activities as needed (e.g., police calls, etc.)
Coordinates and executes shrink related activities in partnership with Store Management
Adheres to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
Encourages Associate use of shrink reduction resources
Promotes safety awareness and supports maintenance of a risk-free environment
Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent communication skills and sound judgment
Basic computer skills
Basic time management skills
Investigative / analytical skills
Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs
0-2 years retail or security experience
Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. By becoming a member of our TJX Canada family, you’ll have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people across our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores (Winners, HomeSense, Marshalls) and our Office locations. Are you ready to Discover Different? Here at TJX Canada, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearest Major Market: Troy
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Loss Prevention, Merchandising, Outside Sales, Fashion Retail, Interior Designer, Security, Retail, Sales, Fashion, Creative