Explore career opportunities at TJ Maxx, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. TJ Maxx delivers great value on ever-changing selections of brand name and designer fashion at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices, on comparable merchandise, every day. With over 1,000 stores nationwide and an e-commerce business, it’s a great time to join the TJ Maxx team.
Supports store management in the execution of store related administrative functions. Ensures an excellent customer experience by engaging and interacting with all customers, and maintaining a clean and organized store.
· Role models exceptional customer service
· Creates a positive internal and external customer experience
· Promotes a culture of honesty and integrity; maintains confidentiality
· Takes an active role in the hiring process (scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, etc.) and in the onboarding process of new Associates
· Maintains Associate personnel files according to company guidelines
· Performs daily cash office functions and maintains cash office standards
· Supports Operations Assistant Store Manager with scheduling, expense account monitoring, supply inventory and requisition
· Maintains proper Associate coverage in service areas for a positive customer experience
· Supports and responds to coverage needs throughout the store
· Ensures store team executes tasks and daily activities in accordance with store plan; reprioritizes as needed
· Communicates accurately and effectively with management and Associates when setting and addressing priorities; provides periodic progress updates
· Provides and accepts ongoing recognition and constructive feedback
· Partners with Management on Associate training needs to increase effectiveness
· Ensures adherence to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
· Maintains all organizational, cleanliness, and recovery standards for the sales floor and participates in the maintenance/cleanliness of the entire store
· Promotes credit and loyalty programs during customer interactions
· Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
· Promotes safety awareness and supports maintenance of a risk-free environment
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs, including nights and weekends
· Superior organizational skills with attention to detail
· Capable of handling multiple tasks at one time
· Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
· Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to train others
· One year retail and 6 months of leadership experience
You can also feel good knowing that TJ Maxx is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense and T.K. Maxx.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Fountain Valley || CA || TJ Maxx
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Merchandising, Fashion Retail, Administrative Assistant, Supply, Garment, Retail, Fashion, Administrative, Operations