Your surprise is waiting!
Explore career opportunities at Marshalls, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. Marshalls delivers customers great value on ever-changing selections of brand name and designer fashion at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices on comparable merchandise, every day. With over 1,000 stores nationwide, it’s a great time to join the Marshalls team.
The Key Carrier role is an elevated extension of the Coordinator role. Key Carriers alternate their role based on store needs, predominantly performing the role of Coordinator and occasionally acting as Key Carrier, taking on a leadership role in maintaining all aspects of the store. Key Carriers must have open availability, including nights and weekends.
· Role models exceptional customer service
· Creates a positive internal and external customer experience
· Promotes a culture of honesty and integrity; maintains confidentiality
· Acts as Manager on Duty in adherence with company policy and procedure
· Ensures store team executes tasks and daily activities in accordance with store plan; reprioritizes as needed
· Addresses immediate customer service issues and provides appropriate coaching to Associates
· Exercises discretion regarding customer service policies in order to satisfy customers
· Maintains proper Associate coverage in service areas for a positive customer experience
· Ensures Associates adhere to all operational procedures
· Ensures opening/closing procedures are executed in accordance with company guidelines
· Communicates accurately and effectively with management and Associates when setting and addressing priorities; provides periodic progress updates
· Provides and accepts ongoing recognition and constructive feedback
· Provides continuous feedback, recognition and coaching to Associates
· Partners with Management on Associate training needs to increase effectiveness
· Ensures adherence to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
· Promotes credit and loyalty programs during customer interactions
· Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
· Promotes safety awareness and supports maintenance of a risk-free environment
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Open availability, including nights and weekends
· Flexible schedule to support business needs
· Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
· Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
· Knowledge of company standard software, systems, and procedures
· Knowledge of merchandise flow in stores
· Solid problem solving skills
· Ability to effectively coach, delegate, and follow-up on multiple people/tasks
· Works effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
· Ability to act quickly under challenging circumstances
· Capable of handling multiple tasks at one time
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Strong communication skills.
· One year retail and 6 months of leadership experience
You can also feel good knowing that Marshalls is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense and T.K. Maxx.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Portland || OR || Marshalls
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Fashion Retail, Merchandising, Garment, Apparel, Fashion, Retail