Come to work and be ready to think on your feet, grow your skills, and embrace the many opportunities. Our Distribution Centers are the key to getting new products out to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. To keep up with our ever-changing inventory, we stay nimble and adaptable. No day is the same, and that’s just how we like it. Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different—and support each other along the way.
Posting Notes: Worcester || MA
The primary purpose of this position is to lead all engineering activities and establish a culture of process improvement in the fulfillment & distribution center. The Industrial Engineer will work with the Operations teams to improve efficiency, maintain labor standards, and reduce costs. Your expertise will also be used to develop and implement regional and national projects and strategies across our network!
· Analyze and provide solutions for cost reduction through improvement initiatives and cost/benefit analysis.
· Design and recommend product flows and department layout changes.
· Identify operational bottlenecks and develop, analyze and present cost efficient solutions.
· Serve as technical specialist on unique projects and programs; act as advisor to management and/or customers.
· Provide guidance to distribution and logistics related to effective and efficient use of assets and processes.
· Identify capacity impacts to distribution centers associated with varying parameters within the supply chain.
· Develop preferred methods/Standard Operating Procedures for the warehouse in conjunction with Operational support.
· Establish and maintain standards using MOST and full cycle frequency studies across all operational processes. Utilize labor data to support capital expenditure and process change ROI. Uses labor and material cost data to compare and recommend process change and communicate accurate process costs to senior management.
· Conduct ergonomic evaluations, recommending and implementing improvements to work area designs.
· Demonstrate the ability to take ideas from concept to implementation and can influence decision making with all stake-holders. Possesses superior multi-tasking ability to meet concurrent project timelines.
· Ability to drive process improvements and work within a team to resolve problems.
· Highly organized with the passion to lead multiple, concurrent priorities.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and approach (and the ability to interact with individuals at various levels of the organization).
· Proven Project Management / leadership skills.
· 3 or more years of related industrial engineering experience, completing multi-variable work measurements and developing labor standards, process improvement, and network optimization projects within a distribution environment.
· Previous experience with Distribution planning models (square footage, labor, staffing, etc.) and awareness of material handling technology applications is preferred
· MS Office Suite with strong MS Excel skills, MS Access, and Visio.
· Experience with top tier Labor Reporting Systems, MOST and Standards Pro. Experience with Red Prairie, Manhattan or equivalent LMS.
What's In It For You?
At TJX, you'll not only enjoy working for an industry leader, but we also seek to provide a competitive compensation package and work-life balance!
Come Discover Different at TJX—we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. We move a lot of inventory—at all times of the day—and that takes working, learning, and growing together. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centers.
As you think about where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Worcester || MA
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Job Segment: Industrial, Industrial Engineer, Engineer, Warehouse, Supply, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations