Product Strategist – Connectivity Innovation
Connectivity Innovation in Telefonica’s Global Innovation Unit is a team fully committed to developing new connectivity products and services that empower Telefónica's position in enterprise and consumers digitalization.
We are a highly motivated multidisciplinary team with startup mentality with complete focus on solving problems and building things. Products in our portfolio target strategic areas for Telefonica with relevant potential underlying business and tech complexity. These products are managed as internal startups with a dedicated team that covers the end to end of the product (Service design, Business and Development) from initial ideation stages to delivery to a business area - normally with a delivery window from launch to delivery of two years.
The convergence of 5G, Edge Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Web3, Metaverse and Quantum computing is bringing a new wave of industrial transformation changing the way we create products and connectivity experiences for our clients. We are a team of doers/builders willing to embrace these technologies to generate sources of value for Telefonica clients.
We are looking for a product manager than can join the team and learn to guide the strategic fit and commercialization strategy of new products. In this position the candidate will help shape the business/technical strategy, establish initial market niches/use cases, define business model and develop the ecosystem of partners for these products. The candidate will go beyond analysis and recommendation and accompany the process of delivering products from scratch to commercial deployment.
In summary: we are looking for a multidisciplinary person, that thrives at navigating uncerttainty with a strategic mindset but that can also understand the technical complexity of connectivity products to develop strategic plans to guide the projects.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Define business and technical strategy for products that enhanced Telefonica’s sustainability in the value chain
· Technical value chain analysis to identify and protect critical responsibilities for Telefonica
· Establish prioritization strategy for our products based on market sizing/potential growth analysis
· Build financial business case for products
· Prepare materials to present to executive-level inside Telefonica and towards clients
· Business development to sign strategic partners to complement our value proposition
· Generate key metric to measure product development metrics and commercial performance
· Support consultative sales to end clients for our products: financial impact sizing, process re-engineering, business transformation
NATURE OF PROBLEMS & CHALLENGES
We work with many building blocks yet to be commercially massive.
The candidate needs to have fast comprehensive skills to structure complex problems that are new for all and help guide the vision with many moving blocks.
Preferably MSc/BSc degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related technical field
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
· Experience in financial and business modelling
· Technical knowledge will be valued; particularly for cloud/connectivity products and/or sw development
· Experience in designing and executing process re-engineering projects
· Can manage uncertainty and can navigate the unknown
· Implements and manages agile way of working
· Resilient - not always everything ends as expected!
· Driven, self-motivated, results oriented.
· Team player, you will not walk alone
· +2 years of experience in strategy/business consulting company with demonstrated top performance
· Experience in startups will be valued
Fluent in Spanish and English
If you join Telefónica
You join almost 100 years of history, you join a team of 106 nationalities present in more tan 35 countries. You join a team that works to connect people wherever they are. We are leading the digital revolution with the enthusiasm of the first day in all our businesses, creating the best digital ecosystem for our clients: network, IoT, cloud, security, innovation etc. Here, at Telefónica you count with everything you need to be the best you. We need people like you that wants to take this challenge of creating the Telefónica of tomorrow.
Telefonica is committed to the new working ways. Under our proposition “Disconnect to Reconnect” we have applied the Digital Disconnection.
We strongly believe diverse and inclusive teams become more innovative and they achieve improved results. Telefonica aims to promote and guarantee a place for everyone, just the way we are: gender, age range, sexual orientation and/or identity, culture, creed, disability or any other personal condition.