🔍Rome, Rome, Italy
📅 974Total Views
📅 2100012HRequisition #
Apply for JobShare this Job
SUBCONTRACTING AND ESTIMATING ENGINEER
WILL BE CONSIDERATED ONLY LOCAL CONTRACT AND IN POSSESS OF PERMIT TO WORK IN ITALY
About Technip Energies
At Technip Energies, we believe in a better tomorrow and we believe we can make tomorrow better. With approximately 15,000 talented women and men, we are a global and leading engineering and technology company, with a clear vision to accelerate the energy transition.Designing and delivering added value energy solutions is what we do.
If you share ourdetermination todrive the transition to a low-carbon future, then this could be the job for you.We are currently seeking a Subcontracting and Estimating Engineer, reporting directly to Construction Subcontracting & Estimate Section Head to join our Subcontracting & Estimating Department team based in our Rome offices, c/o Construction Department, Italy.
About the Job
Preparation of the cost estimate for construction subcontracting works, either during proposal or project phases, according to the specific proposal/project subcontracting strategy.
Follow up until Subcontracts award and management of said Subcontracts during the construction phase, at Site.
The role and tasks may include also the following activities:
· Analyzes tender requirements;
· Collects bill of quantities;
· Performs and deliver the benchmarking of construction costs on time to Proposals;
· Register properly benchmarking of construction costs information in the dedicated database;
· Participates in the proposal or subcontract development process;
· Ensures sourcing and qualification of bidders;
· Performs preparation, assembly and issuance of call for bid, addendums, and tender clarifications;
· Performs preparation of direct standard man-hours estimate;
· Performs bid tabulation;
· Performs preparation the cost estimate relevant to the construction activities;
· Implements the subcontracting management strategy of the project;
· Performs negotiation, formation and award of formal subcontracts;
· Prepares financial statement format of each subcontract;
· For Site Subcontracting Management, he is responsible for:
· Ensures field administration of subcontracts (including change order and back-charges management) as per procedures and subcontract closeout;
· Monitors Subcontractor’s actual progress curves for invoicing purpose;
· Prepares subcontracting activity reports, default notice and subcontract closeout;
· Prepares feedback and statistic (cost, man hours, productivity, quantities, reworks rates, …) reports/records as per corporate guidelines;
· Ensures proper handling of subcontracts, support documentation and related files;
· Ensures formal assessment of the subcontractors’ performance.
We offer you not only a job, but an inspiring journey in a truly global environment where you team up to break down boundaries thanks to the innovation, creativity and pioneer spirit which drive our people.
We’d love to hear from you if your profile meets the following essential requirements:
· Graduated in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, Energy, Chemical;
· Full availability to move abroad even for long term assignment at any job-site;
· Fluent knowledge of spoken and written English;
· Familiarity in organization and coordination matters.
Nice to have:
· 2-3 years previous experience in Estimating and/or Sub-contracting or similar positions
· Experiences in contractual and negotiation activities
· Knowledge of IT tools, better if related to web inquiry management IT tool
Forecast Starting Date: May 2021
Once receiving your application, a recruiter performs an initial check and a review is further carried by hiring manager. We expect to take up to a few weeks to perform that review. If you hear from us, it is because we want to organize interviews and meet with you physically, or virtually, depending upon the location.To get an overview of the recruitment process, visit our dedicated webpage here
We invite you to get to know more about our company by visiting www.technipenergies.com and follow us on LinkedIn , Instagram for company updates.