🔍Brighton, CO, Colorado, United States
📅 2649Total Views
📅 180000JXRequisition #
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
· Works independently to install new products and conducts repairs of FMC equipment insuring no rig lost time for our customers while controlling expenses and maintaining assets of FMC.
· Provides project start-up expertise, to include oversight during first installations
· Assures all equipment, service tooling and spare parts are on location and ready to use and function fit prior to beginning each job. Records critical dimensions to ensure assembly will work and obtains or creates product running procedures.
· Provides “Project Support” as required, for all new projects which includes: attending design review for equipment and tools, reviewing installation procedures, assisting with project Factory Acceptance Tests and reviewing project training requirements for service personnel.
· Maintains communication with Company Representative on issues including job procedures, spare parts requirements, function fit and critical dimension measurements.
· Provides sales support through quality customer interface and keeps customer fully informed of all aspects of the job. Handles customer complaints in a professional manner.
· Completes Field Non-Conformance Reports (FNCR) forms as product problems are encountered. Assures all equipment and procedural defects are communicated back to FMC Service Management.
· Prepares and submits Field Service Orders and other region required reports after each job is complete. Completes a Tally book or other form to communicate procedures, spare parts, critical dimensions and customer questions and complaints.
· Understands and follows all FMC and customer safety requirements. Proactively pursues safe work practices, recommends safe work practices/procedures and participates in safety meetings and safety training.
· Assists with training of less experienced technicians.
· Strong mechanical aptitude.
· High school degree or GED. Technical/vocational/or military training or related experience.
· Two years' college a plus.
· Two to five years mechanical, electronic and hydraulic related experience in an oilfield equipment environment and successful completion of the FMC Surface Service Apprentice Program.
· Valid driver's license. Physically fit and able.
· Customer service skills - communication skills, strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
· Organized and systematic with troubleshooting and problem assessment skills. Systems oriented and highly motivated with a positive attitude.
· FMC Operating Procedures and Quality Manual. START Safety Program. In-depth training for the specific products (To include On-The-Job, shop and classroom), Service Skills Training Class, Petex Drilling Technology, Introduction to Marine Drilling.
· Instruction on all paperwork requirements (Field Service Orders, expense reports, etc.) Standard OSHA requirements (forklift, Material Safety Data Sheets, etc.) and EPA requirements. Continues to train to meet all competency levels.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is primarily in the field environment including land based and offshore drilling and production platforms. In some cases, work is completed on location after the drilling rig has departed location.
Typically, work is accomplished in an “outside” environment. Exposure to all weather extremes is normal. Noise levels are generally quite high with electrical power systems and their associated turbine driven systems in full operation nearby. Other rig related equipment is always in operation and will include draw works, blocks, cranes, pumping systems and blowout control systems. Service techs may be required to rest and sleep in their company vehicle at the well site.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Very physical job requiring frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, climbing and driving. Uses mechanical hand tools including all types of manual wrenches and many types of power tools driven with hydraulics, electronics and pneumatics.