🔍Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
Finance & Insurance
📅 553Total Views
📅 19000345Requisition #
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Job Title : Project Controller
Job Purpose Statement: Our business in Dunfermline is predominantly a projects related business. These projects can run from 3 months to 3 years. It is imperative that Finance reports accurate profits and controls all significant risks on these projects at all times. A misstatement of profit or a risk that has not been eliminated or mitigated could have a devastating impact on our business.
While internal and external requirements change regularly the role does have some constant requirements which include: accurate estimate at completion %'s, elimination or mitigation of project risk and compliance with internal and external rules and or legislation.
What are the detailed requirements above? It important that the job holder:
1. Conforms to customer requirements. The job holder should understand who their customers are and actively ensure that requirements are being met.
2. Ensure that you are actively challenging and communication requirements with your suppliers. Who are your key suppliers and are you communicating with them.
Each project should be seen as mini stand-alone business. As the job title suggests we expect the job holder to take on the mindset and actions of a controller for each mini business. This is an important aspect of this role.
(a) Superior Controller, Projects & Products
(b) Colleagues Project Management Teams; Other Project Controllers, Finance Team
(c) Direct Reports N/a
• Accurate estimate at completion (EAC) %'s as per customer requirements.
• Financial Risk Management – currency (across FMC), penalties, insurance, cost provisions, cash flow are all examples of key areas of risk that will be the responsibility of the job holder. The job holder will be accountable for the management (mitigation/elimination) of all project risks.
• Quality Month end: The accounting and financial planning teams will give direction on what is needed and when. The job holder will be involved in activities such as forecasting, booking revenues and cost of sales, backlog as well as creating information for the management book.
• Value Add: Demonstrate that you can add value to a project to maximize the final result.
• Comply with internal controls as defined in COSO 2013 framework. Support internal controls testing as required
• Challenge: suppliers, project managers, decisions, the current process, the new process, everything that impacts on doing a quality job. It is very important that you engage and participate and don't just follow everything you are told.
• Training of Peers, Project Administrators and Project Managers as required.
• Stewardship: Your processes and accounting pass internal and external audit. We do not want audit issues as it challenges the accuracy of our information. It is the job holder's
responsibility to not just do the job as initially trained but to challenge and understand the process to ensure compliance with internal and external rules and or legislation.
• Be involved from basis for planning. Get involved early and understand the make-up of your projects from the start.
o Project Management Dept (including Project Managers & Contract Managers)
o Operations & Financial Controller
o Engineering Dept
o Supply Chain Dept
o Project Administrators
o Finance Teams servicing other areas of the business
o FMC sites outwith Dunfermline
o Internal & external audit
• EAC responsibility with PM
• Projects with revenue <$100m
• Risk management results
• Audit /SOX compliance
• FX / Hedging management
Controller mindset: each project is your business, you have to think and act like a Controller for your businesses (projects). How do you say no but build relationships?
EAC management: How do you find changes early enough to do something about it? How do you know the EAC is correct each month?
Process Change: The process will change and it needs your input and active participation to evolve to ensure quality.
Risk Management: How do you know everything is covered? How do you know how changes impact TFMC outside Dunfermline?
Value Add: How do you measure and record this?
• Strong experience in similar business facing role – Project / Cost Controlling
• Relevant Accountancy Qualification /Degree, preference for Part/Qualified Accountant.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; the role involves lots of communication and networking. It is important to feel comfortable with asking questions and challenging the project team.
• Sound judgment; the ability to identify and focus on key areas of risk, whilst maintaining the overview of the project.
• Ability to translate operational discussions into financial implications and communicate this to non-finance staff and reflect accordingly in the project financials.
• Proven time management skills
• A Right First Time attitude with a focus on profitability.
• A focus on profitability and determination to add value to the business