🔍San Antonio, Texas, United States
📅 457Total Views
📅 210000F9Requisition #
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
We have an immediate need for a Material Handler to work at our San Antonio, TX Service Center. In this role, you will be responsible for material movement including loading and unloading trucks and moving material from location to location by carrying, pushing, rolling or operating hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors or other material handling equipment.
· Move materials from location to location as instructed by the Move Request form by carrying, pushing, rolling or operating hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, motorized conveyors or other material handling equipment.
· Loads and unloads trucks according to established safety and operating procedures.
· Assist preparation of shipments by staging, counting, documenting, and packaging materials for safe transport.
· Distribute received shipments by delivering materials to requestor. Process paperwork to record transaction.
· Assist in physically locating Customer Property materials.
· Assist refurbishment teams with load outs or any staging of equipment.
· Physically prepares materials for safe movement or shipment including use of banding machine and clincher, stretch film, crating or other means.
· Practices good housekeeping in assigned area and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
· Promptly reports any operational problems or safety issues with machinery, tools or equipment to Team Leader.
You are meant for this job if
· 0-2 years of experience in a similar environment with similar equipment.
· Must be able to read, write and comprehend written and verbal English language (Safety, Quality & Operational instructions).
· Must be able to perform simple math problems (i.e. Add, subtract, multiply, divide).
· Must have ability to comprehend internal documents such as Movement Forms, simple FMC Technology Drawings and shipping documents.
· Ability to safely operate a forklift, overhead crane, machine (jib) hoists, hand tools, power tools, and tape measure preferred but not required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposed to possible shop hazards, which may include high noise, heavy equipment and machinery, temperature extremes and yard/shop traffic. Spends 100% of time in indoor and outdoor storage areas.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Stands, walks and bends 100% of time. Lifts up to 50 pounds manually, uses material handling equipment for over 50 pounds.
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
“As an equal opportunity employer TechnipFMC considers only qualified applicants without regard to color, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status.”